Change of Status


If you did not enter the U.S. on a student visa, please call or visit the International Students and Scholars Office to discuss the need for changing your immigration status. In some cases it is possible to do this inside the U.S. If you entered with a B-1 or B-2 visitor’s visa, however, a request to change to F-1 status may be difficult and could be denied by USCIS. Changes of status from other visa types may or may not be possible and require careful planning of the application. In some cases, you may be able to attend school without changing your status.