Request Letters


the International Students and Scholars Office will assist you by providing letters certifying your enrollment, your tuition expenses, and your student status at Pace. Letters of this type may be required to open a U.S. bank account, to transfer funds from abroad, to apply for a Social Security Number or to postpone required military service in your home country. 

In order to request a letter, please come to the International Students and Scholars Office and complete a Request Form.

Alternatively, you may download and complete the REQUEST FORM and bring into the office.

Types of Letters that can be Requested:
  • Letter Certifying F-1 or J-1 Student Status
  • Letter to Apply for Social Security Number *Request this letter if you have been offered on campus employment. Request must be submitted along with a copy of your employment letter from Human Resources.
  • Letter to request Military Postponement
  • Letter to Renew Visa
  • *Graduation Letters*: Please note that the OIPS does not issue invitation letters for family members and friends overseas who wish to attend commencement ceremonies for Pace University graduates. You may request a letter certifying F-1 or J-1 student status, this letter will state your expected date of completion as it appears on your I-20 or DS-2019. You may also request a letter certifying your expected date of graduation from the Office of Student Assistance (please see the Office of Student Assistance (OSA) Forms page). In addition, we recommend you write invitation letters for each family member or friend you wish to have attend the commencement ceremony; these letters can help facilitate securing visitors visas.

Please allow 3-4 business days for the OIPS to issue your letter.