Professional Jobs in Housing
Full Time Residence Director for 2014-2015 (Open Until Filled)
*POSTING IS ALSO LISTED ON THE PLACEMENT EXCHAGE WEBSITE FOR BALTIMORE, MARYLAND 2014*
This 12-month position will provide specific administrative support and relief to the Associate Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (subject to change)
- For more than 100 years, Pace University has been preparing students to become leaders in their fields by providing an education that combines exceptional academics with professional experience and the New York advantage. Pace has three campuses, in New York City, Westchester, and White Plains. A private metropolitan university, Pace enrolls approximately 13,500 students in bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs in the Dyson College of Arts and Sciences, Lienhard School of Nursing, Lubin School of Business, School of Education, Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems, and School of Law.
- Pace University is looking for a highly motivated student affairs professional to fill our Residence Hall Director position(s). This is a very engaging and exciting position that will offer a great deal of experience to a professional who is ready to join our team. The Department of Residential Life and Housing at Pace University is committed to providing students a supportive and inclusive living environment that enriches their educational experience.
- This is a full time “live-in” position which requires regular evening and weekend hours. Residence Directors will share a duty rotation during which they will be expected to respond on a 24 hour basis to any emergency in both Manhattan and Brooklyn residence halls. Summer duties include departmental and division wide collateral projects.
- Strives to support the academic mission of the University through the development of specialized programming and is a full-time (12-month) professional staff member with live-in responsibilities that include the comprehensive management of facilities ranging from 200 to 550 students on Pace University’s New York City Campus.
- Supervises graduate and undergraduate Resident Advisor staff, and community desk team in creating safe, caring, and inclusive learning-centered communities.
- Responds effectively and efficiently to problem situations, and work with both building and grounds department and Educational Housing Services staff to meet the facility needs of students.
- Supports advising of hall council and other leadership efforts to empower and develop student leaders within the halls.
- Involved with annual training and evaluation of the student staff.
- Coordinate building opening and closing procedures, as well as manage building billing and rosters.
- Chair an assigned departmental project, group, or committee.
COLLABORATION / CONTACTS:
- Works in collaboration with the Safety & Security Office, leased property management, and Buildings & Grounds.
- Master’s degree in Student Personnel, Higher Education, Counseling, or related field is preferred. Bachelor’s degree and two academic years post-baccalaureate experience as a live-in staff member are required.
- Must have demonstrated experience with student and community development, supervision, and crisis management.
- Applicants should possess a commitment and ability to create communities that are inclusive of diverse populations.
- Start and end dates vary based on academic year; typical start date is July 1; typical end date is June 1
- Furnished room with private bathroom at assigned hall
- Full health, dental and vision benefits
In addition we provide professional development funds and competitive benefits (including tuition waiver options), local phone service, and basic cable throughout the academic year.
Our responsibilities include supervision of these staff members; campus emergency response; safety, security, and facility issues for their area, and oversight of residence halls. Resident Advisors are undergraduate students who live on the floor and are responsible for developing a sense of community within the area. In developing such a community, they often address issues of personal counseling, advising, policy, programming, student and community development, living and learning. Desk Attendants coordinate our guest procedures and Office Assistants coordinate the daily operations of our Central Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this description.
This job description is not meant to be an exhaustive list of duties employees may be required to perform.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to: