Room Selection: Options and Limitations
Room Selection Options and Limitations
- During the room selection process, student will be able to choose any available room, provided it has enough beds for their group. Individuals participating in room selection alone will be able to choose any available bed. Students participating as part of a group of 2 or more must choose a room that has enough vacant beds to accommodate their entire group. If a larger group chooses a room with fewer available beds, one or more students may be left without housi
- Students will not be able to select rooms where there is a gender conflict. For example, if the first bed in a double room has already been selected by one male student, the second bed can only be selected by another male student. Students who are seeking a gender neutral housing option should review the Gender Neutral Housing information page.
- During the room selection process, students will be permitted to select a room on a theme floor (theme floors will be easily identified by the room type). In choosing a theme floor room, students are agreeing to participate in the programming of that theme. More information on theme floors is available here.
- Students choosing the HONORS FLOOR during room selection MUST BE HONORS STUDENTS. Non-honors students who select that floor may be reassigned by housing at any time.
- During the room selection process, the inventory of available rooms will diminish over time. Students choosing later in the process will have the smallest number of available options. Students who cannot find a room that meets their needs (or who cannot find a room at all, because all available housing has been filled) can place themselves on the GUARANTEED HOUSING WAITLIST. This option will appear as a building choice. Choosing this option will guarantee you fall housing, but you will not know what your room assignment will be until late in the summer. Students on the GUARANTEED HOUSING WAITLIST will be placed in vacancies in actual buildings as they occur throughout the summer. Roommate connections WILL NOT be preserved for students who place themselves on the GUARANTEED HOUSING WAITLIST. The housing cancellation and deposit refund policies are the same for GUARANTEED HOUSING WAITLIST students as for students who select an actual room assignment.