Summer Housing 2014
The following summer housing information is only for Pace University students. Other students or groups who are not affiliated with Pace University who are inquiring about summer housing at Pace University must contact Auxiliary Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 346-1015.
You must be a matriculated Pace University student to be eligible for Student Summer Housing. You must also meet ONE or more of the following criteria for the summer term(s) in which you are being housed:
- You must be registered for summer classes at Pace University (full or part time; proof of registration must be submitted with application)
- You must be participating in a full or part-time academically related internship OR a full-time professional internship or job (proof of the internship must be provided with application)
- You must be employed on campus as a student aid for no fewer than 20 hours per week (letter from employer must be submitted with application.
The summer rates are as follows:
- Double Room — $3,550.00 per resident per summer session
- Triple Room — $3,030.00 per resident per summer session
- “Open “ Quad (studio) — $3,030.00 per resident per summer session
- “Closed” Quad (2 bedroom) — $3,030.00 per resident per summer session
Availability, Duration and Placement
- All summer housing will be in 106 Fulton.
The availability of Student Summer Housing is LIMITED. A small number of rooms (quantity based on historical usage of summer housing) will be available during the following times:
- Summer 1 Semester - Sunday, May 25, 2014 to Thursday, July 3, 2014
- Summer 2 Semester - Sunday, July 6, 2014 to Monday, August 16, 2014 (students must leave the residence halls by noon on Saturday August 16, 2014)
- There is no intersession housing BEFORE or AFTER the summer sessions. The residence halls will be completely vacated by residents at the close of the spring 2014 semester, and will remain vacant until summer opening on Sunday May 25, 2014. Similarly, the residence hall must be vacated by summer residents upon closing on Saturday August 16, 2014. Students in dire need of temporary housing must appeal to Josh Chicko, the resident director responsible for summer housing (email@example.com). In situations in which it is impossible for a student to go home during the intersession, arrangements will be made to allow the student to move in to their fall housing assignment (this applies only to students living in the residence halls for the 2014 fall semester).
- Due to the limited nature of Student Summer Housing, it cannot be guaranteed. Applications will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis. Additional applicants will be placed on a waitlist and contacted if a space becomes available. Students placed on the waitlist will receive a refund of their deposit if they have not been placed by the end of the first week of the summer session for which they applied.
- Placement, room selection, assignment and waitlist information will be sent to each student’s PACE UNIVERSITY E-MAIL ADDRESS. It is the student’s responsibility to insure that their e-mail account can accept messages or will forward their messages to a preferred address. Students may also check with the housing office in person in order to get the details of their placement.
- Summer housing room selection will take place on Thursday April 24 and Friday April 25, 2014 in the housing office. The housing office reserves the right to change assignments as necessary to meet gender needs.
- During the course of the summer, residents may be required to move at the discretion of the housing office. Such moves will be implemented conservatively, but may be required to consolidate rooms and make additional bed spaces available. Such moves will not be considered grounds for any kind of refund or cancellation of the housing agreement.
- Room Preferences – summer housing for Pace students is limited to a set number of floors in the 106 Fulton residence hall. There are no singles available. If you have a preferred room, room type, or roommate, please indicate that information with the application. Please note that these preferences are NOT guaranteed. In the event that you are unable to attend summer housing room selection, or that you are placed AFTER summer housing room selection takes place, we will use the preferences listed (to the best of our ability) in your application to place you in an appropriate room.
Application, Deposits and Payments
- View the online summer housing application.
- The deadline to submit the online summer housing application is Friday, April 18, 2014 at 5:00 pm.
- The summer housing application will be available online starting Tuesday, February 18, 2014. Students must submit the online application, THEN submit their summer housing deposit. The mandatory room reservation deposit for Student Summer Housing will be $300 FOR EACH SUMMER SESSION. The mandatory room reservation deposit is non-refundable unless you are not placed in housing before the start of summer classes. Applications are not considered complete until the required desposit is paid.
- Deposits should be made through the Office of Student Assistance, located at 1 Pace Plaza. Please bring a copy of your summer housing application email (the confirmation email is automatically sent to you when you submit your application online) when submitting your summer housing deposit.
- Payment is due in full at the time of check in and is non-refundable except in extreme extenuating circumstances. Appeals for refunds may be made to the director of housing, located in 106 Fulton Street. Appeals are not guaranteed, may require substantial documentation, and are at the sole discretion of the director of housing.
- The deadline to cancel summer housing is May 12, 2014.
- The applicant agrees to pay the University the fees in accordance with the payment schedule for the residence hall accommodations assigned by the Office of Housing & Residential Life. Student will be billed directly for their accommodations through their student account. Payments must be made to the Office of Student Assistance or through the student’s Pace One account.
- The rates quoted above apply only to Pace University students. Non-Pace students wishing to stay in Pace University residence halls for the summer must contact the Pace University Auxiliary Services Office at 212-346-1015.
- The rates indicated are flat rates for each summer session and may not be reduced for shorter stays. Students leaving housing for ANY REASON prior to the end of their contracted term(s) are still responsible for the full amount of their Student Summer Housing rate. Students wishing to arrange housing for a period of time less than one of the summer sessions should contact the director of housing before applying.
- Receipt by Pace University of the Summer 2014 Housing Agreement and Application establishes a legal, binding Agreement between the applicant (student, parent or guardian, group representative), and Pace University for Summer Housing for the 2014 summer semesters, contingent upon the availability of housing accommodations on the Pace NYC Campus.
- The University reserves the right to determine and assign the housing space to be occupied by the student and to reassign alternative accommodations as circumstances warrant.
- All residents of Pace University Housing are subject to the University Guiding Principles and all other policies of the university. Violations of any university policy may result in removal (without refund) from Pace University residence halls. Allegations of policy violation may be brought forth by representatives of the office of housing and residential life, security, other residents, or any other member of the university community. Adjudication of alleged charges is the responsibility of the dean of students and his/her designee. Residents may be subject to summary removal from residence pending adjudication of policy violation. Pace University policies and judicial process can be found on the Pace website at www.pace.edu.