Conference and Independent Student Housing (Non-Pace)
Individuals and groups not directly affiliated with Pace University who are interested in learning more about summer housing options on the Pace University New York City campus, must contact Auxiliary Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 346-1015. The information listed below is only for matriculated Pace University students.
Pace Student Summer Housing
The Office of Housing and Residential Life, NYC offers summer housing on the New York City campus to eligible Pace University students. The application process is as follows:
- Review all the information below regarding summer housing policies and the application requirements.
- Log in to MyHousing and submit the NYC Summer Housing applicaiton and deposit there (https://housing.pace.edu/MyHousing/security/login_student_local.cfm)
- Students must pay the full cost for the summer 1 session for a Beekman Triple at the time of application ($3400, subject to an increase in cost of the student is assigned to a double room for the summer); if you will have difficulty submitting this amount, please contact Shaquana Gadsden (email@example.com) or Patrick Roger-Gordon (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will absolutely assist you in deferring your deposit
- Students will receive an email with their summer room assignment on April 22, 2016
To be eligible for summer student housing, you must be a matriculated Pace University student AND meet at least one of the following criteria for the summer term(s) in which you are being housed. Eligibility is at the discretion of the summer residence director.
- Be registered for summer classes at Pace University (full or part time)
- Be participating in a full or part-time academically related internship or job - a letter from internship or job employer may be requested by the housing staff
- Be employed on campus as a student worker for no fewer than 20 hours per week - a letter from employer may be requested by the housing staff
Summer Housing Rates
A limited number of rooms will be available during the summer semesters on the upper floors of 33 Beekman at the rates listed below:
- Double Room — $3,485 per resident per summer session
- Triple Room — $3,400 per resident per summer session
Availability, Duration and Placement
All students approved for 2016 summer housing will reside on the upper floors of the 33 Beekman residence hall. If you have a preferred room, room type, or roommate, please indicate that information on the summer housing application.
The availability of Student Summer Housing is LIMITED. A small number of rooms (quantity based on historical usage of summer housing) will be available during the following times:
- Summer 1 Semester - Sunday, May 29, 2016 to Saturday, July 9, 2016
- Summer 2 Semester - Sunday, July 10, 2019 to Saturday, August 20, 2016
There is no intersession housing before or after the summer sessions. The residence halls will be completely vacated by residents at the close of the spring 2016 semester and will remain vacant until summer opening on Sunday May 29, 2016. Similarly, the residence hall must be vacated by summer residents upon closing on Saturday August 20, 2016. Students currently living on campus for both the spring and summer semesters and/or the summer and fall semesters who are in dire need of temporary housing must appeal to Shaquana Gadsden by email at email@example.com.
Due to the limited nature of summer student housing, it cannot be guaranteed. Applications will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis. Additional applicants will be placed on a waitlist and contacted if a space becomes available. Waitlisted students will receive a refund of their deposit if they are not placed by the end of the first week of the summer session for which they applied.
Summer assignments are made by the Office for Housing and Residential Life based on the preferences submitted in each student's summer housing application. Please note that these preferences are NOT guaranteed. Placement, room selection, assignment and waitlist information will be sent to each student’s Pace University email address on April 22, 2016. It is the student’s responsibility to insure that their e-mail account can accept messages or will forward their messages to a preferred address. Students may also check with the housing office in person in order to get the details of their placement.
The housing office reserves the right to change room assignments as necessary. During the course of the summer, residents may be required to move at the discretion of the housing office. Such moves will be implemented conservatively, but students may be required to consolidate rooms to make additional bed spaces available. Such moves will not be considered grounds for any kind of refund or cancellation of the housing agreement.
Application, Deposit, Payment and Cancellation
The deadline to submit the online summer housing application is April 15, 2016.
Students must pay the full cost for the summer 1 session for a Beekman Triple at the time of application ($3400, subject to an increase in cost of the student is assigned to a double room for the summer); if you will have difficulty submitting this amount, please contact Shaquana Gadsden (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Patrick Roger-Gordon (email@example.com) and we will absolutely assist you in deferring your deposit
The deadline to cancel summer housing is May 29, 2016.
The applicant agrees to pay the University the fees in accordance with the payment schedule for the residence hall accommodations assigned by the Office of Housing & Residential Life. Student will be billed directly for their accommodations through their student account. The rates indicated are flat rates for each summer session and will not be reduced for shorter stays. Students leaving housing for any reason prior to the end of their contracted term(s) are still responsible for the full amount of the charged summer housing rate. Students wishing to arrange housing for a period of time less than one of the summer sessions should contact the director of housing before applying. Payments must be made to the Office of Student Assistance or through the student’s Pace One account.
Students who wish to cancel their summer housing after application and/or after moving in for the summer, must submit a housing cancellation form. Students who cancel their housing after the start of a summer term are eligible for partial refunds of the student housing fee for that semester as follows (cancellation dates are based on the date that both the cancellation form is received AND the student has properly checked out of the residence hall):
- Cancelling during the first week of the summer session: 100% refund, minus the daily rate for each date the student lived in housing
- Cancelling during the second week of the summer session: 70% refund
- Cancelling during the third week of the summer session: 25% refund
- Cancelling during the fourth week of the summer session: 20% refund
- There is no refund after the end of the fourth week of classes
Receipt by Pace University of the Summer 2016 Housing Agreement and Application establishes a legal, binding Agreement between the applicant (student, parent or guardian, group representative), and Pace University for Summer Housing for the summer semesters, contingent upon the availability of housing accommodations on the Pace NYC Campus.
The University reserves the right to determine and assign the housing space to be occupied by the student and to reassign alternative accommodations as circumstances warrant.
All residents of Pace University Housing are subject to the University Guiding Principles and all other policies of the university. Violations of any university policy may result in removal (without refund) from Pace University residence halls. Allegations of policy violation may be brought forth by representatives of the office of housing and residential life, security, other residents, or any other member of the university community. Adjudication of alleged charges is the responsibility of the dean of students and his/her designee. Residents may be subject to summary removal from residence pending adjudication of policy violation. Pace University policies and judicial process can be found on the Pace website at www.pace.edu.