Apply To Be A Resident Assistant
Thank you for your interest in working with the Office of Housing & Residential Life team as a Resident Assistant (RA).
The RA position is vital in the daily operations of the residence halls, and we are committed to select and train the most qualified staff. The Resident Assistant takes on an active leadership role in developing and maintaining a positive community within the residence halls. The RA serves as both a role model and a resource person by assisting students with their academic and personal growth and sense of belonging within the residence hall community at Pace University.
The Resident Assistant fosters community within the residence halls by providing both educational and social opportunities. The RA participates in on-call duty rotation; conducts policy education and enforcement; reports and documents all incidents; manages check-ins and check-outs; and completes administrative tasks in addition to other responsibilities.
The benefits of being a Resident Assistant are invaluable. You will develop skills and abilities (e.g., active listening, community building and crisis management) that will aid you throughout your college experience and career choice. Additional benefits include, but are not limited to:
- A housing waiver (Free Housing= a housing waiver of $6,000 per semester which covers the cost of fall and spring housing) and Meal Plan (exact plan TBA) provided.
- Building positive relationships with colleagues and residents.
- Working closely with a team.
- The opportunity to network with college administrators and outside organizations.
- An impressive addition to your resume.
Applications for the 2017-2018 academic year will go live during the Fall 2016 semester. For more information please contact Kaitlin Bene.dict, Area Director for First-Year communities at email@example.com.