Apply To Be An Resident Advisor
Thank you for your interest in working with the Office of Housing & Residential Life team as a Resident Advisor (RA). The RA position is very vital in the daily operations of the residence halls, and we are committed to select and train the most qualified staff. The Resident Advisor takes on an active leadership role in developing and maintaining a positive community within the residence halls. The RA serves as both a role model and a resource person by assisting students with their academic and personal growth and sense of belonging within the residence hall community at Pace University.
The Resident Advisor fosters community within the residence halls by providing both educational and social opportunities. The RA participates in on-call duty rotation; conducts policy education and enforcement; reports and documents all incidents; manages check-ins and check-outs; and completes administrative tasks in addition to other responsibilities.
The benefits of being a Resident Advisor are invaluable. You will develop skills and abilities (e.g., active listening, community building and crisis management) that will aid you throughout your college experience and career choice. Additional benefits include, but are not limited to:
- A housing waiver (Free Housing= $6,000 per semester) and Meal Plan (exact plan TBA) provided.
- Building positive relationships with colleagues and residents.
- Working closely with a team.
- The opportunity to network with college administrators and outside organizations.
- An impressive addition to your resume.
- Applications go live on October 13th, 2014. Please follow the link below and it will take you to a separate webpage with RA information. The appplication link will be attached to this website. For any questions, please email email@example.com or contact Mr. Vinn Randazzo at firstname.lastname@example.org, chair of Ra Selection Committee.
Application Site: http://raselection.wix.com/pace-university-ra