Foodies (sustainability in dining): 55 John Street - First Year Students
What is Foodies?
Do you love food? Do you have a passion for sustainable practices in the culinary world? The purpose of culinary floor is to educate residents on the importance of food, not only as sustenance, but also as a representation of culture, politics, and health. You will explore many aspects of food its preparations, meanings, and origins. Typical events include: hands on cooking demonstrations, trips to city farms, and various restaurants in the city.
Why Choose Foodies?
- To learn basic culinary skills
- To gain an understanding of diverrse cultural identities through food
- To engage in taste exploration and recipe creation as a way to enrich residents' knowlege of and appreciation for the culinary arts
- To explore NYC's cultural insitutions through museum and theater vists relevant to each month's theme
- To foster long-lasting appreciation for the culinary world which residencts will carry with them beyond their years at Pace
Events to look forward to:
- Visit to Eagle Street Rooftop Farm in Brooklyn
- Quesadilla Night
- The Journey of Chocolate Day
- Stone Soup Day
- Visit to the American Museum of Natural HIstory
- Food in Pop Culture game show night
- Food for Thought (sustainability event)
- Trip to City Bakery's Hot Chocolate Festival