Green Adventures: Maria’s Tower - First Year Students
What is Green Adventures
We are an eco-friendly community that aims to educate residents about our effect on the environment, while also allowing them to experience, give back to, and appreciate nature. Sample Monthly Topics include: natural cycles, environmental justice, rainforest deforestation, restoration ecology, recycling & pollution, drinking water access, laws, politics, carbon footprint, sustainability, biodiversity, local organic fair trade movement. Typical events and trips include: horseback riding, Botanical Gardens, kayaking on the Hudson River, Brooklyn Aquarium, Union Square Farmers Market, hiking, and indoor rock climbing.
Why Chose Green Adventures?
- To be educated about our effect on the environment and how to minimize our impact.
- To live a more sustainable lifestyle that goes beyond your time in college.
- To have incredible opportunities to reconnect with our amazing Earth.
- To give back to the community through green service projects.
- ...and most importantly, to have fun in a community of like minded people!
Events to look forward to:
- Kayaking on the Hudson
- Hiking in Westchester
- Carbon Footprint Mapping
- Horseback Riding