Applications for summer housing are now available on- line. Applications are due to OSA by Friday, April 25, 2015. All summer residents will be housed in single, double and, if offered, double as single occupancy rooms. The housing rates for summer are listed below. Please note that single and double as single rooms will only be available if space permits. Please indicate your roommate preference in the event that singles are not an option. For additional information about Summer 2015, click here.
To download the summer housing application, please click here.
Double as a Single (If Offered)
You must be a matriculated Pace University student to be eligible for Student Summer Housing. You must also meet ONE or more of the following criteria for the summer term(s) in which you are being housed:
· You must be participating in a full or part-time academically related internship OR a full-time professional internship or job (proof of the internship must be provided with application)
· You must be registered for summer classes at Pace University (full or part time; proof of registration must be submitted with application)
· You must be employed on campus as a student aid for no fewer than 20 hours per week (letter from employer must be submitted with application)
Availability, Duration and Placement
· The availability of Student Summer Housing is VERY LIMITED:
o Summer session 1 – Tuesday, May 26, 2015 to Thursday, July 2, 2015
o Summer session 2 – Monday, July 6, 2015 to Saturday, August 15, 2015
· For current residents, please contact your RD for intersession housing. All current residents students must be prepared to move into their summer assignment on Friday, May 22nd.
· Student Summer Housing is limited and is not guaranteed. Applications will be processed on a first-come-first-serve basis. Additional applicants will be placed on a waitlist and contacted if a space becomes available. Students placed on the waitlist will receive a refund of their deposit if they have not been placed by the end of the first week of the summer session for which they applied.
· Placement, room selection, assignment and waitlist information will be sent to each student’s PACE UNIVERSITY E-MAIL ADDRESS. It is the student’s responsibility to insure that their e-mail account can accept messages or will forward their messages to a preferred address. Students may also check with the housing office in person in order to get the details of their placement.
· Summer housing assignments will be made on or about April 30th.
· During the course of the summer, residents may be required to move at the discretion of the housing office. Such moves will be implemented conservatively, but may be required to consolidate rooms and make additional bed spaces available. Such moves will not be considered grounds for any kind of refund or cancellation of the housing agreement.
· Room Preferences – summer housing for Pace students is limited to single and double rooms. Double as single rooms will only be available if space permits. If you have a preferred room, room type, or roommate, please indicate that information on the application. Please note that these preferences are NOT guaranteed.
Deposits and Payments
· Payment in full must be submitted with your application to the Office of Student Assistance (OSA). This payment is non-refundable except in extreme extenuating circumstances. Appeals for refunds may be made to the Director of Residential Life, located in Howard Johnson Hall. Appeals are not guaranteed, may require substantial documentation, and are at the sole discretion of the Director of Residential Life.
· The applicant agrees to pay the University the fees in accordance with the payment schedule for the residence hall accommodations assigned by the Office of Housing & Residential Life. Student will be billed directly for their accommodations through their student account. Payments must be made to the Office of Student Assistance.
· The rates quoted above apply only to students staying for the duration of one or both summer terms. Students leaving housing for ANY REASON prior to the end of their contracted term(s) are still responsible for the full amount of their Student Summer Housing rate. Students wishing to arrange housing for a period of time less than one of the summer sessions should contact the Director of Residential Life before applying.
· The application deadline for Student Summer Housing is Friday, April 24th, 2015. In order to be considered complete, the accompanying payment must also be received by the University. Completed applications received after the deadline will be considered on a space-available basis.
· The deadline to cancel for EITHER summer session is Friday, May 15th, 2015. Students who cancel by that deadline will be receive a credit for the amount of the summer session(s) for which they applied.
· Receipt by Pace University of the signed Summer 2014 Housing Agreement and Application establishes a legal, binding Agreement between the applicant (student, parent or guardian, group representative), and Pace University for Summer Housing for the 2014 summer sessions, contingent upon the availability of housing accommodations on the Pace Westchester Campus. The University reserves the right to determine and assign the housing space to be occupied by the student and to reassign alternative accommodations as circumstances warrant.
· All residents of Pace University Housing are subject to the University Guiding Principles and all other policies of the University. Violations of any University policy may result in removal (without refund) from Pace University residence halls. Allegations of policy violation may be brought forth by representatives of the Office of Housing and Residential Life, Security, other residents, or any other member of the University community. Adjudication of alleged charges is the responsibility of the Dean for Students and her designee. Residents may be subject to summary removal from residence pending adjudication of policy violation. Pace University policies and judicial process can be found on the Pace website at www.pace.edu.