Online Application and Online Help
Every student who applies for housing for the Fall 2018 semester must make a Housing Deposit, fill out the online application, and take part in a Room Selection Process. All of the Returning Room Selection Forms and processes will take place in MyHousing. Below is some helpful information about MyHousing.
Where is MyHousing located?
1) Log into your Pace Portal.
2) Click on the student tab.
3) Click the link on the left for MyHousing.
4) Log into MyHousing using your Pace Portal login. If you have trouble with the link or logging in, please contact the ITS Helpdesk.
I have been able to log into MyHousing, what should I do first?
The first item to complete is the online application. Everybody that will be living on campus for the Fall 2018 semester will complete an online application which will include paying their housing deposit.
To fill out the application:
1) Click on 'Applications and Forms' on the top navigation.
2) Fill out the application completely and submit.
3) If you have any issues with the application, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have filled out my online application and would like to take part in the Online Room Selection Process, what is the next step that I need to complete to make sure that I can select a room for next year?
There are four different room assignment processes:
- Upperclass Living Learning Communities - closes on Thursday, March 1, 2018, at 11:59 pm
- Townhouses/Elm Hall Room Selection - closes on Monday, April 2, 2018, at 12:00 pm
- Double Room as a Single Room Selection - closes on Monday, April 9, 2018, at 12:00 pm
- Martin Hall and North Hall Room Selection - closes on Thursday, April 12, 2018, at 12:00 pm
After you have completed the Fall Returning Student Housing Application, complete the appropriate application at MyHousing based on where you would like to live next year.
I have completed the application for the specific process that I want to participate in, what do I do next?
The next step is to request a roommate(s), suitemate(s), or housemate(s).
To participate in the Townhouses/Elm Hall Room Selection Processes, you must have at least a mutually matched pair with at least one other person to be able to apply for a townhouse or suite.
To participate in the Martin Hall or North Hall Room Selection process, you do not need to have a matched roommate pair, but to ensure that you and the person you want to live with are assigned to the same room, you should have a matched pair before that application closes. If you are planning on living in a triple, you will need to have two roommates requests acknowledged.
The Returning Student Room Selection Processes contains more details about the different upperclass students selection processes.
To send a roommate request:
1) Highlight Room Selection and click on Roommate/Suitemate selection.
2) Fill in Last Name, First Name, or e-mail address. This will allow you to search for that specific student.
3) Click on Request Student as Roommate.
4) If you are planning on living in a triple, repeat this process again.
If you do not have a specific student mind, you can use the Advanced Search Feature to find students who are interested in living in the same community as you. You will be able to communicate with the potential roommate/suitemate and then if you decide you want to live with them, send a roommate request to be mutually paired.
If someone has sent you a roommate request, all you have to do is confirm it by clicking on the confirm button. You will be able to see on your Roommate/Suitemate Selection page to see if someone has requested you as a roommate.
To know if your roommate request has been confirmed or if you have confirmed a roommate request, your Roommate/Suitemate selection page will show the name of the other person and then you will see “Matched Roommate Group”. If you see “Does Not Match” in red lettering, your request has not been confirmed.
Now that I have my matched roommate(s), what’s next?
Now you are ready to select a room. If you look at your Home/Overview page, there is a section at the bottom called “My Future Room Selection Process”. This is the area that will let you see the room selections that are coming up and if you are a part of these selection nights. This section will also list the start time of that selection night, the end time of that selection night, and your selection time within that time period.
The selection times for a Double Room as a Single will be posted on Monday, April 9, 2018, and the selection times for Martin Hall and North Hall Selection will be posted on Friday, April 13, 2018. The students who are participating in Townhouses/Elm Hall selection will be emailed their results on Friday, April 6, 2018.
You will be able to see what rooms are available after the start of the selection night. You will not be able to select a room until your group’s highest priority selection time. Until then, you will only be able to see rooms.
If you and your matched roommates have different selection times, your group can select at the time of the earliest person in your group. The person with the earliest time will need to log in before their selection time and then when they select a room, they will be able to place the roommate(s) as well.
To be able to select a room:
1) Be logged in before your selection time.
2) Highlight the Room Selection and click on Select Room/ Suite.
3) You will then be able to see a list of the available rooms that you and your roommate(s) will be able to select.
4) Click on Select Room.
5) Place you and your roommate in a room.
6) Click the submit button and you have your room assignment for next year.