Check back here for more information on Winter 2016-2017 Housing as the date approaches.
Applications for Winter Housing are located by clicking on the Winter Housing Application located in the middle of this page. Applications are due to OSA by Wednesday, December 8, 2015. Winter Housing is offered on a limited basis with only certain residence halls staying open for the Winter. Winter residents could be consolidated depending on location and type of housing. For Winter Housing, there is not a dining option that is offered on campus at this time.
Cost for Winter Housing
You must be a matriculated Pace University student to be eligible for Winter Housing. You must also meet ONE or more of the following criteria for the summer term(s) in which you are being housed:
- You must be participating in a full or part-time academically related internship OR a full-time professional internship or job (proof of the internship must be provided with application)
- You must be registered for winter inter session classes at Pace University (full or part time; proof of registration must be submitted with application)
- You must be employed on campus as a student aid for no fewer than 20 hours per week (letter from employer must be submitted with application)
Availability, Duration and Placement
The availability of Student Summer Housing is VERY LIMITED:
- Winter Housing – January 3rd - January 24th - Winter Housing residents who were located will move back to their current assignment on January 19th.
If you need housing between the day that the residence halls close for Winter Break and the start of Winter Housing, you will need to contact the NYC campus and arrange housing with them. You could then stay the entire in the city until the residence halls open for the Spring.
- Halls that are open for Winter Housing: Alumni Hall, Martin Hall, Townhouses
If you live in Dow Hall (not a Graduate Assistant) or North Hall, you would be relocated to one of the other buildings if there is space.
If you live in a Townhouse and you are the only person in that Townhouse, you would be consolidated to another placement for Winter Housing.
- Winter Housing is not guaranteed and is only offered as there is space available.
- There will be Residential Life staff that will be On Duty during this time.
Deposits and Payments
- Payment in full must be submitted with your application to the Office of Student Assistance (OSA). This payment is non-refundable except in extreme extenuating circumstances. Appeals for refunds may be made to the Director of Residential Life, located in Howard Johnson Hall. Appeals are not guaranteed, may require substantial documentation, and are at the sole discretion of the Director of Residential Life.
- The applicant agrees to pay the University the fees in accordance with the payment schedule for the residence hall accommodations assigned by the Office of Housing & Residential Life. Student will be billed directly for their accommodations through their student account. Payments must be made to the Office of Student Assistance.
- The rates quoted above apply only to students staying for the duration of one or both summer terms. Students leaving housing for ANY REASON prior to the end of their contracted term(s) are still responsible for the full amount of their Student Summer Housing rate. Students wishing to arrange housing for a period of time less than one of the summer sessions should contact the Director of Residential Life before applying.
Winter Housing Application
- Receipt by Pace University of the signed Winter 2016 Housing Agreement and Application establishes a legal, binding Agreement between the applicant (student, parent or guardian, group representative), and Pace University for Winter Housing for the 2016, contingent upon the availability of housing accommodations on the Pace Westchester Campus. The University reserves the right to determine and assign the housing space to be occupied by the student and to reassign alternative accommodations as circumstances warrant.
- All residents of Pace University Housing are subject to the University Guiding Principles and all other policies of the University. Violations of any University policy may result in removal (without refund) from Pace University residence halls. Allegations of policy violation may be brought forth by representatives of the Office of Housing and Residential Life, Security, other residents, or any other member of the University community. Adjudication of alleged charges is the responsibility of the Dean for Students and her designee. Residents may be subject to summary removal from residence pending adjudication of policy violation. Pace University policies and judicial process can be found on the Pace website at www.pace.edu.