Pace University is committed to maintaining compensation programs that will attract, reward, and retain the qualified staff it needs to be a premier educational institution. Furthermore, it is important to administer such programs in a fair and equitable manner for all employees. Pace reviews its compensation practices and ranges regularly to ensure that these goals are being met.
Your salary as an employee at Pace is determined by several factors, including what is being paid for similar positions in the educational and local marketplace. At Pace, jobs with similar responsibilities, duties and characteristics are grouped together and assigned a salary range that is externally competitive and that will allow the employee potential salary and career growth. The salary range has a minimum, a midpoint, and a maximum salary rate, and movement within this range depends on several factors, including your performance and where you started in the range, based on your skills and experience prior to joining the University.
In managing the University’s compensation programs, we provide assistance with:
- Creating and updating position descriptions
- Job evaluation and classification
- Promotions, salary increases and title changes
- Merit process guidelines and procedures
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) compliance
Please note that administering salaries equitably is a shared responsibility between your supervisor and the Human Resources Department. If you have questions regarding your salary, it is recommended that you discuss them with your supervisor, as he or she is in the best position to explain how your individual salary was determined.
Helpful Links and Resources
- Payment Actions– online system used for processing promotions, salary increases and stipends for existing employees
- PeopleAdmin– applicant tracking system also used to create new position descriptions or update existing ones.
- Compensation Policies