Long Term Disability
The University provides an insurance benefit to assist employees who are disabled more than 26 weeks within a 52-week period. CIGNA also administers our long-term disability benefit. As a result of a combined managed disability program with one carrier, the transition from short-term disability to long-term disability will be seamless to the employee.
If approved for long-term disability, employees are entitled to the following benefits covered by this insurance:
- Income of up to 60% of your current base salary, not to exceed $7,500.00 per month. This replacement income will be offset by income provided by Social Security Disability, Worker’s Compensation and/or any other income source available to you.
- Continued retirement contributions on your behalf, for the duration of your disability.
- Continued life insurance coverage if approved by the life insurance carrier.
Pace University provides the following additional benefits to supplement this insurance:
- Continued medical coverage (The individual premium remains the same as when you first became disabled. There is an additional premium to continue +1 or Family coverage.);
- On-campus tuition remission for you, your spouse and dependent children up to age 30, if you have been employed full time for at least 5 years as of your date of disability;
- Ability to participate in the group dental plan for 24 months.
Eligibility: All active full-time faculty and staff who have completed one year of continuous full-time service.
Enrollment: You will be automatically enrolled after completing 1yr of full time continuous service.
Cost: The University pays the entire cost of your coverage.