Reimbursement Account Debit Cards
PayFlex FSA Debit Card
When you use your PayFlex Card, funds are automatically deducted from your spending account to pay for eligible expenses. Please remember PayFlex Cards will only be accepted at healthcare related merchants AND merchants who have implemented an inventory information approval system (IIAS), as required by the Internal Revenue Service.
- Your card will be activated when first used.
- If you were enrolled in the HealthCare FSA for the 2012-13 plan year, you will not receive a new debit card if you enrolled during Open Enrollment for the 2013-2014 plan year. The card will automatically be loaded with your new 2013-14 election.
- Register with www.mypayflex.com to view your account and file claims. You will need your Employer U ID# (i.e., U00000000) and home zip code in order to begin registration. Please visit the Pace Portal to retreive your U# from your on-line pay advice.
- Make sure to select "credit" when using your PayFlex card at authorized merchants.
- You may use the card to pay for items or services up to the annual election amount regardless of how much you contributed to the HealthCare FSA account.
- View your card status at www.mypayflex.com via the Debit cards link on the left-hand navigation bar. You may also order additional PayFlex Cards for your dependent(s) or spouse by clicking on the Card Order Link.
- Keep your eligible purchases separate from other purchases you make at the same store. Use an alternative form of payment for the ineligible purchases.
- You are required by the IRS to retain your itemized receipts! Payflex may request documentation based upon IRS guidelines for transactions that do not match current co-payment amounts. You will receive an e-mail directly from PayFlex to your Pace e-mail account when documentation is required.