May is Civility Awareness Month!
As a member of the Pace University Community, I pledge to conduct myself with dignity and respect.
I am accountable for my words and actions.
I believe in integrity.
I believe in diversity.
I believe in equality.
I believe in civility.
Pace Community Standards
- Model the behavior you would like to see from others.
- Speak up—do not let your silence condone disrespectful behavior.
- Be mindful that conflict is healthy if expressed appropriately—you are not always right and others are not always wrong.
- Be a respectful listener.
- Remember that your tone of voice matters: It’s not what you say, it’s what others hear!
- Consider how your use of technology (e-mail, social media, etc.) helps or hinders a respectful work environment.
- Make an effort to have difficult conversations in person or by telephone, not electronically.
- Embrace a positive and solution-oriented approach to resolving conflicts or expressing complaints.
- Show appreciation by saying please and thank you.
- Keep in mind that kindness has a ripple effect—treat everyone with respect and consideration.
Shaquana Gadsden, Community Coordinator, Residential Life, NYC
Kimya Gittens, Staff Associate, Physician Assistant Program
Atila Kula, One Card Coordinator, Auxiliary Services
Jaime Saure, Admissions Counselor, Graduate Admissions, PLV
Katelyn Squicciarini, Student Intern, Law School
Staff members recognized as Civility Champions:
Kyle Baker, Web Administrator, Marketing & Communications
Helene Cruz, Director, Career Counseling NYC
Stephanie Desiato, Associate Director, Academic Support, Law School
Alysse Estes, Assistant Program Coordinator, Environmental Studies and Services
Theresa Frey, Director, Education Abroad, International Programs and Services
Major Hatch, Staff Associate, Physician Assistant Program
Zachary Karp, Assistant Director, Graduate Admissions NYC
Susana Munoz, Manager Data/Online Services, Alumni and Donor Relations
Freddy Rivera, Operations Supervisor, Graduate Admissions NYC
Debra Sassano, Coordinator, Scheduling/Administration, College of Health Professions
Antonio Soares, Manager, Educational Media, Law School
Sherylyne Toque, Sr. Staff Associate, Physician Assistant Program
Carol Turco, Staff Associate, Honors Program