On-Campus Student Employment Procedure
Hiring a Pace University Student for On-Campus Employment
Please be aware that any requisitions created prior to July 1, 2013 will no longer be accepted.
Step 1: Complete a Student Employment Requisition (SER)
(Located: Human Resources > Forms > Forms For Managers)
This form should be fully completed and signed by both the Supervisor and the area Business Representative.
Forward the completed Requisition form to Human Resources:
- In Westchester: Leeann Longi, firstname.lastname@example.org, fax (914-923-2773)
- In New York City: Meghan O'Mara, email@example.com, fax (212-346-1036)
**Please Note: You may post your position to eRecruiting immediately after submitting your Student Employment Requisition form to HR. The SER form is for student employment records only, and will not be reviewed or verified by HR.**
Step 2: Post Your Position – NOW HANDLED COMPLETELY ONLINE VIA CAREER SERVICES’ eRECRUITING SITE
**NOTE: If you do not need your position posted, i.e. you already have a candidate lined up for hire, please skip Steps 2 – 4.
- Create an Experience account and link to Pace. Follow these instructions to create an eRecruiting account. An account is required to post positions: Log-in: http://pace.experience.com. To create an account or retrieve your login information, go to the Employers box on the right-hand side of the page and click on Sign In i. If you do not have an account with Experience, click on Create an Account. Your Company Name should be Pace University - Your Department/Office, (e.g., Pace University - Biology Department).
- If you have an account with Experience, log-in and click on Link Your Schools on your homepage, then choose Pace University from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Request Access, then click Send. Your request will be approved within 24 hours.
- Log on to your eRecruiting homepage (http://pace.experience.com)
- Click on the Sign In button under the Employers box on the right-hand side of the page
- Jobs> Post a New Job > Basic Post
- Enter job data:
- Opportunity Type: Select Job
- Job Title: Make sure to include Student Classification # in the title
- Job Description
- You MUST indicate whether or not your position is funded by Federal Work Study
- Please indicate the # of openings for this position
- Summarize duties and desired qualifications
- Include e-mail address for those you wish to receive applications
- Compensation Details/Other Benefits:Enter the hourly rate/stipend amount
- Job Function:Select the functions most closely related to your position. You may select multiple functions by holding down the CTRL key.
- Location: Indicate the location of the job in order to route to the appropriate Pace campus
- Required Materials:Select “Yes” for “Other Documents” and indicate “Application for Student Employment” in the Details box
- Click “Continue.” You will then be prompted to complete school-specific information.
- Click on the Complete Details Now button, then select NO for “Will You Be Interviewing For This Job On Campus?”
**For questions regarding eRecruiting or your job posting, contact Andrea Lucia in Career Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 11354. Please note that Career Services handles only the job postings, not the hiring or onboarding processes, which continue to be handled by HR.
Step 3: Requisition ID# Confirmed
Once the position is posted, Career Services will provide this information via a confirmation email to the hiring manager.
Step 4: Receive Applications & Interview Students
- Interested students will apply by completing the Student Application for Employment and will send the completed application via eRecruiting.
- The hiring manager reviews all Applications. If you are only able to hire students with Federal Work Study, you may contact Leeann Longi, Staffing Coordinator in Human Resources to verify Federal Work Study status of a student prior to interviewing or prior to extending the offer of employment.
Step 5: Hiring the Final Candidate(s)
- Complete the Confirmation of Student Employment
(Located: Human Resources > Forms > Forms For Managers)
- This form must be completed in full
- Both the supervisor and the student must sign the form
- To calculate the employee’s overtime rate of pay multiply the rate of pay by 1.5 unless you are paying a stipend.
- Fax the completed Confirmation or scan to email to the campus Staffing Coordinator in Human Resources
Step 6: Student Completes New Hire Forms
- Instruct the student to visit the Human Resources web site: Human Resources > Forms > Forms For New Hires (http://www.pace.edu/human-resources/form/forms-new-hires) to print the following forms for New Hires:
- Personal Data Form with Appendix A
- Employment Eligibility Verification I-9 Form
- Authorization Agreement for Direct Deposit
- IT Acknowledgment Form
- Drug & Alcohol/Sexual Harassment Acknowledgment Form
- Staff Employee Handbook Acknowledgment
- W-4 – Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
- IT-2104 - Employee’s Withholding Allowance & Certificate Instructions (NY State)
- IT-2104-1 – Certificate of Nonresidence and Allocation of Withholding
- IT-2104-E - Certificate of Exemption from Withholding (from NY State)
- 8233-Exemption from Withholding on Compensation for Independent (and Certain Dependent) Personal Services of a Nonresident Alien Individual
The student must submit all forms and identification to their campus Human Resources office. The student cannot begin working until these forms are completed. Failure to submit the forms in a timely manner will result in delay of the first pay check.
Step 7: Paying the Student
- Once all paperwork is received the employment record will be created or updated according to the schedule posted on the HR web site under Payroll Calendar>Staffing Deadlines.
- Timesheets will be generated for approval by the supervisor.
- All hours that the student works must be entered and approved by the supervisor in order for them to be paid. If you do not approve a time sheet the student will not receive payment for the hours that they have worked; therefore it is imperative that you do so in a timely manner.
- Please contact Financial Information Systems to learn how a student employee may log in and out of their time sheet on their own in order to note their hours worked. A supervisor must still approve these hours at the end of each pay period in the electronic time sheet in order for the student to receive a pay check.