Spring 2012 iPad Meetings
All interested faculty, staff and students are encouraged to attend the Pace University iPad meetings during the spring 2012 semester. The meetings will be held via video conference on the Pleasantville and New York City campuses. If you are interested in sharing your iPad projects and discoveries with the group, please feel free to contact Dr. Beth Gordon Klingner (email@example.com ) or Dr. Martina Blackwood (firstname.lastname@example.org ). Visit the Pace University iPad Blog  to get all of the latest iPad information and for the Spring 2012 schedule, click the following link: iPad meeting schedule .
Pace Tech Expo – March 28th in PLV
Only a few more weeks until our Pace Tech Expo on the Pleasantville Campus at the Kessel Campus Center! This year we are looking forward to another great event! See what companies like Dell, Audio/Video Corp., Crestron Electronics, Adobe, HP, Microsoft, Verizon Wireless, Maven Technologies and more are doing with technology. Please mark your calendars for Wednesday, March 28th! For more information, visit: Pace Tech Expo  (http://www.pace.edu/techexpo ).
Career Services and Academic Technology have teamed up to provide ePortfolio walk-in hours in the NYC Career Services offices! Students can work with ePortfolio “eTerns” Breanna and Zaidy to get the “ePortfolio edge” when applying for internships, jobs and graduate school. Click on the following link for schedule of hours: ePortfolio Blog .
New Lubin Entrepreneurship Lab – 163 William St., 3rd Floor
The Entrepreneurship Lab aims to foster an entrepreneurial mindset that results in innovation, initiative, and commitment. An entrepreneurial mindset consists of self-determination, a belief in one's self and one's ideas, and the ability to visualize these ideas coming to life. Teaching students to develop this type of mindset is invaluable because it is what will ultimately help transform them into successful entrepreneurs. With the help of the entrepreneurship program, students will achieve a sense of self that will instill the confidence and skills necessary to embark on a new business venture. Perhaps even more importantly, this entrepreneurial mindset will teach students how to identify, analyze, and seize opportunities to also help them succeed in life.
What Students Can Expect From the Lab:
- A reliable and resourceful place to explore their entrepreneurial creativity
- The ability to meet other entrepreneurially minded students, and make mutually beneficial connections
- Staff and faculty who are responsible, capable, and committed to excellence, and eager to help students strive towards greatness
- A great source for networking opportunities
- A consistent hands-on approach to motivate students to stay on track
- Continual improvement as the staff tries to constantly add valuable assets and opportunities to the lab experience
- Exciting and beneficial events, activities, guest speakers, meet-and-greets, workshops, mentors, and lectures, exclusive to the Entrepreneurship Lab and its members.
- A network of professionals willing to assist students with a hands-on approach pertaining to all different sectors of business.
The lab is equipped with both Macs, PCs, color printers and software for entrepreneurial creativity. The grand opening was Thursday, February 16th and was attended by faculty, students, business leaders, board members and NYC City Hall representatives.
Enhancements to the Applicant Portal System
ITS worked with Enrollment Management to enhance the Applicant Portal system by adding a new button called “Check your Application Status” which allows prospective students to check their application status online. Students can log in and see if they have completed all aspects of the application process and what might be missing. They can also see Admission’s decision status through this view! The new button can be found on the following pages: