General Eligibility Guidelines for ALL Students
FALL 2014 SELECTION DEADLINE:
Thursday, July 31st, 2014
Please note: The guidelines, policies, and procedures stated herein are subject to change, based on evolving program requirements and resources available. In addition, the computer models offered under this program, along with their specifications, and related pricing are subject to change based on the individual vendor's available inventory and distribution schedules.
- The Pforzheimer Honors College Computer Selection Program is a one-time offer for newly-accepted Honors students. Eligible students must opt in or out within the timeframe allotted for that particular semester in which they are accepted into the Honors Program.
- Any students who either opt out of the Computer Selection Program, or fail to make a decision within the allotted timeframe, will forfeit all claims to a default or upgrade computer model selection and will not be eligible to receive one at a later date. They may also forfeit any claims to any available Study Abroad option.
- New students accepted later in the program will have 1 month from the date of acceptance (or notification) to choose a default or upgrade computer model, or Study Abroad option.
- The Study Abroad option is for $1,000, which can be applied either towards: (a) Faculty-Led Study Abroad course (whether Honors or not), or (b) Semester Study Abroad. This credit can be used during any semester prior to the student’s graduation or exit from the Pforzheimer Honors College. Students who select the Study Abroad option and later decide that they cannot take advantage of the opportunity will be allowed to change their selection to another incentive (e.g. computer). However, please note that changes cannot be made during the student’s final semester at Pace. Also, any new selection must be made during the scheduled semi-annual selection period only. Students should contact the Honors College about changing their selection.
- Students must follow the Computer Selection Instructions to properly opt in and complete their computer or Study Abroad selection, or to opt out of the program altogether.
- Students who successfully opt in, but who do not complete their computer model or Study Abroad selection by the given deadline will only be eligible to receive a default computer model. The Study Abroad option, if it is still available, will only be approved at the discretion of the Honors College.
- To receive a selected computer model, students must be actively enrolled in the Honors College during that same semester as when the computer selection is made.
- All selections are FINAL. There are no return or trade-in options available.
- Prior to computer distribution, students’ payment status must indicate that they are a student in ‘Good Payment’ standing. If our records indicate that this is not the case, then the student must provide a letter from OSA indicating that they are in ‘Good Payment’ standing PRIOR to picking up the selected computer model. (This applies to all selections-Default and Upgrades.)
- It is the student’s responsibility to give written notice to the University of any change in their status as a student at Pace, as well as any address or phone number change until the equipment is returned to the University.
- Students are responsible for loss, theft or damage to the equipment. Fees may be charged for repair or replacement of lost, stolen or damaged equipment. (For more details, please review the Lost/ Damaged Policy section.)
- Students accepted in previous semesters are not eligible for a computer upgrade or trade-in option.
- Students who graduate from the Honors program are eligible to keep their selected default model.
- Students returning into the program from any “Leave of Absence” are only eligible to receive a currently offered default model.
- Students who subsequently leave or are dropped from the Pforzheimer Honors College and/or leave Pace University must return their selected default model to ITS.
Default models must be returned at one of the Walk-In Center locations listed below:
NY Campus: 1 Pace Plaza, Rm. W202 – Computer Resource Center, Monday-Friday: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
PLV Campus: Willcox Hall, 2nd Floor – Computer Resource Center, Monday-Friday: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
For alternative drop-off times, please contact the ITS Help Desk at (914) 773-3333.
NOTE: Failure to return a default model when leaving the Honors Program will result in a charge to the student through the Office of Student Assistance (OSA), which will equal the market value of the default model.
|Default Models for the 2014-2015 Year|
Model 1: Dell Venue Pro 11 Tablet
Model 2: Apple iPad Air Tablet
Model 3: Study Abroad Option (Additional costs will apply. See Honors College staff for more details)
NOTE: Vendor specifications and prices are subject to change based on product availability.
- Computer specifications and warranty are pre-configured. Customization of the package is NOT offered. In addition, credit is only available for upgrading and cannot be given for purchases outside this offer. Outside promotions are not part of this program.
- Students who select, pay for, and receive an upgrade model may keep their computer regardless of their status in the Pforzheimer Honors College or at Pace University at a later time.
- Students who select an upgrade model, but then decide not to join the Honors College or not to attend Pace University, will not receive the selected computer model and will be refunded any amount paid.
|Upgrade Models for the 2014-2015 Year|
NOTE: Vendor specifications and prices are subject to change based on product availability.
- Pace students can download Microsoft Office 2013 (Windows), Microsoft Office 2011 (Mac), Microsoft Security Essentials, and Microsoft Lync from the ADAM  site (http://adam.pace.edu ) at no cost.
- The Dell Latitude E6440 will need to have Microsoft Office 2013 (Windows) and Microsoft Security Essentials manually installed. (This can be done when the student initially receives their laptop or anytime at a later date.)
- The Apple Macbook Pro will need to have Microsoft Office 2011 (Mac) manually installed. (This can be done when the student initially receives their MacBook or anytime at a later date.)
This policy covers all laptop/netbook repairs within the Honors College program at Pace University. Any laptop/netbook belonging to an Honors College student is fully covered and serviced in accordance with the warranty provided by the manufacturer. This policy also addresses any machines that are outside of their warranty coverage period, when the student is still in the first four years of the program and in good standing. (Please note: Decisions will be made on a case by case basis with approval coming from the Honors College.)
IMPORTANT NOTE: iOS Devices (iPads) are not serviceable through the Client Support Office. Repairs will need to go through the vendor, Apple.
- All machines with issues that are covered by warranty and are not due to neglect on behalf of the student will be fully covered for repairs.
- All machines with issues that are not covered by warranty and are not due to neglect on behalf of the student will be fully covered for repairs.
- All machines needing repairs that are not covered by warranty and are due to neglect on behalf of the student will not be covered without vetted approval which is dependent on extent and type of damage. If the repair is approved, the Honors College will cover half the cost of the repairs and the student will be liable for the other half.
Payment for any student liability and of the repair should be made via check made out to Pace University. Payment must be received prior to the return delivery of the repaired laptop/netbook.
Options for lost or damaged DEFAULT MODEL computers:
- No replacement- If the student remains in the Honors Program, but does not want to replace the default computer, there is no other cost to the student. However, if the student leaves or is dropped from the Honors Program for any reason prior to graduation, he/she will need to pay the fair market value based on the age of the lost/damaged default computer.
- Purchase a replacement- If purchasing a new default computer, the student will have to pay the educational marketed value (currently about $550) and then the following rules would apply:
- If the student graduates from the Honors Program, he/she will keep the new default computer.
- If the student does not graduate from the Honors Program, he/she would need to pay back the fair market value of the originally-purchased default computer that was lost or damaged.
Options for lost or damaged UPGRADE MODEL computers:
- No replacement– There is no additional cost to the student, regardless of his/her status in the Honors College.
- Purchase a replacement- If the student wants a replacement upgrade model computer, he/she must now pay the full educational price of the model currently available for purchase, which includes the student’s and University’s predetermined amounts.
The Study Abroad option is for $1,000, which can be applied either towards:
a) Faculty-Led Study Abroad course (whether Honors or not), or
b) Semester Study Abroad
This credit can be used during any semester prior to the student’s graduation or exit from the Pforzheimer Honors College. Students who select the Study Abroad option and later decide that they cannot take advantage of the opportunity will be allowed to change their selection to another incentive (e.g. computer). However, please note that changes cannot be made during the student’s final semester at Pace. Also, any new selection must be made during the scheduled semi-annual selection period only. Students should contact the Honors College about changing their selection.
ALL students accepted into Pforzheimer Honors College must opt in or out of the Computer Selection Program at the time of acceptance by completing the steps below on or before the computer selection deadline. In addition, those who opt in must follow the additional steps required to complete the computer selection process, whether it is for a default or upgrade model.
The computer selection deadline for incoming Fall 2014 students is: Thursday, July 31st. The database will be closed after this date and anyone who opted in, but who did NOT make a computer model selection will only be eligible for a default model.
Using the Mozilla Firefox browser, go to: https://appsrv.pace.edu/honorslaptop .
NOTE: Other browsers are not fully supported at this time (e.g.: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari).
Enter your MyPace Portal Username and Password and click Login.
NOTE: You can search for your MyPace Portal Username at: http://whitepages.pace.edu . To activate your MyPace Portal account for the first time, or to change your password, go to: http://adam.pace.edu .
After logging in, you must choose to Opt In or Opt Out of the Computer Selection Program or Study Abroad option.
a. To opt in, select Opt In and then click Confirm and Proceed.
- OR -
b. To opt out, select Opt Out and then click Confirm and Proceed.
IMPORTANT: If you Opt Out, you will NOT receive any computer from the Honors College and will NOT be eligible for the Study Abroad option. Your decision is final. You will NOT be able to request a computer at a later time.
On the confirmation message that appears, click OK to confirm your Opt In or Opt Out selection and proceed, or click Cancel to change your selection.
If you selected to Opt In, you must agree to the terms and conditions listed. Click I agree with the above to abide by the Terms and Conditions and then click Confirm and Proceed to Laptop Selection.
You can click on each available computer model listed to view its specifications and price. To make your selection, click the model you want or the Study Abroad option, and then click the Proceed to Buy button.
Review your Student Details and amount due for the selected computer model.
Enter your contact phone number and select the campus where you will be picking up your computer.
Click I Agree to confirm selection and then click Buy Now to proceed to check out.
NOTE: If you click Cancel at this point, your current selection will be cancelled and you will be returned to the initial selection screen, where you can make a new selection.
- For default models, you will then see a confirmation screen and your selection process is completed. For upgrade models, you will be directed to the TouchNet payment site to complete payment.
NOTE: In order to complete the upgrade model selection process, you MUST complete payment through the TouchNet site. You can pay by credit card or electronic check. Please make sure to have your credit card or checking account information on hand. Your selection is not completed until payment confirmation is received. If you are unable to complete the upgrade model process on the TouchNet site, log out and back in to the site and click Change Model, and then click Try Again.
Once the steps above are completed, your computer selection will be processed by ITS and an order will be placed with the vendor. A date, time and location will be determined for distribution of the ordered computers, and the Pforzheimer Honors College staff will notify you. If you selected the Study Abroad option, please consult with the Honors College staff for additional details.