Google Email Accounts Moving to Microsoft Exchange for Students
A reminder to all students that we will be transitioning Pace student email accounts from Google Apps (https://google.pace.edu ) to Pace’s Microsoft Exchange email system (https://email.pace.edu ). A follow up email was sent to all students on Monday, January 27th to remind students about the migration.
We are strongly recommending that students take advantage of the self-migration tool that is listed below by Sunday, March 16th. After this date, ITS will manually begin moving student accounts. Students will be notified via email when their accounts are ready to be migrated. Please follow the instructions listed in the email. For further information and/or updates students can reference our Student Email Migration to Outlook Exchange  website.
Prior to initializing the migration, there are a few steps users can take to ensure the migration process occurs without issues.
- Step 1: Check to make sure you have IMAP enabled within your Pace Google settings.
- Step 2: Search your mailbox folders for any emails from ‘Orgsync (orgsync.com)’ and ‘livingsocial.com’ and then delete them. Also make sure to empty your Trash folder when finished.
- Step 3: If the events in your calendar are not critical, clear the entire calendar prior to starting the migration.. Instructions for how to do this can be found here .
Where can I go for more information or help on the migration?
- Student Email Migration to Outlook Exchange website
- Student Outlook Exchange Migration FAQs website
- To set up your Blackberry, Droid, iPhone, or Windows Mobile device visit: Mobile Phone Setup Reference 
Raffle for Students
Don’t forgot to sign up for the student raffle! The deadline for entering the raffle will be Sunday, March 16th at midnight. This year we are able to offer a total of 3 great prizes so students have 3 chances to win! We will select the winners by Friday, March 24th. For more details on the prizes and eligibility requirements visit our Student Raffle  page.
ePortfolio Spring Contest for Students
The ePortfolio Spring Contest is now live! Winners will receive a gift card, a digital badge to display on LinkedIn, and will be recognized at the ePortfolio showcase ceremony! We’re looking for creative, organized, accessible, portfolios on personal and professional growth. The deadline is in mid-April so get started on your ePortfolio today! To submit, log-in to https://eportfolio.pace.edu  and click the link titled “Enter the 2014 ePortfolio Spring Contest” on your ePortfolio Dashboard. After you answer three quick questions you can click submit! Also check out our ePortfolio newsletter  for the latest ePortfolio news!
Mobile Technologies User Group for Students, Faculty, and Staff
The Mobile Technologies User Group will continue to meet throughout the spring to share and discuss exciting ways that mobile devices can be used in the classroom. Please see the schedule below. All meetings will take place in the main VC rooms (Miller 16/ Civic E 319). All are welcome!
- Thursday, March 6th: 3:30PM-4:30PM
- Wednesday, April 9th: 12:15PM-1:15PM
- Thursday, May 8th: 3:30PM-4:30PM
To catch up on previous meetings visit the Mobile Technology User Group blog .
Social Media Center for Students, Faculty, and Staff
As part of the continuous rollout of the Pace website on the new redesigned theme, ITS worked with University Relations to implement a page dedicated to social media. The page can be reached by clicking on the following link: Social Media Center . You can filter by social channels and see the latest postings from various communities throughout Pace.
Electronic Employment Paperwork System for Students, Faculty, and Staff
ITS is proud to have developed a paperless new hire system for Human Resources. The new Electronic Employment Paperwork System  will replace the former paper process to bring a new employee on board. This application will be used by Human Resources to hire Staff, Faculty, Student employees and Graduate Assistants. The program facilitates onboarding paper work associated with university policies, tax forms, and payroll requirements. This application is one of several internally developed applications which are part of the Paperless Initiative included in the University’s strategic goals. Hiring managers will be trained on the new system in the coming months.
Respondus Webinars for Faculty
Instructors: Have you tried Respondus, the latest Blackboard-add on? Respondus  provides a secure testing environment for face-to-face or online courses with a lockdown browser that restricts the user from accessing certain functions on their computer during testing. Want to learn more? Consider joining a webinar by the Respondus support team. View webinar dates and register for free here .
End of Support for Windows XP and Microsoft Office 2003 for All Users
A reminder that on Tuesday, April 8th Microsoft will no longer provide security patches, product updates and hot fixes for all versions of Windows XP due to its longstanding plans to end support for this operating system version. Please see more detailed information on the following sites: Windows XP  and Microsoft Office . This change could potentially expose our university faculty, staff and student body to undue risks since both versions will no longer be updated or patched by Microsoft.
What does this mean if you are a Windows XP and Microsoft Outlook 2003 User?
1. If you are running Windows 7 or Office 2007 or above nothing needs to be done.
(NOTE: ITS highly recommends that if you are using Microsoft Office 2007, you upgrade to at least Microsoft Office 2010 or Microsoft Office 2013 in order make the best use of the latest features and tools.)
2. If you are running Windows XP on a personal machine, ITS recommends that you use this opportunity to update your older hardware with equipment that can support updated versions of the operating system of at least Windows Vista or above. If you are unsure how to do this, we recommend using services such as Best Buy’s Geek Squad Tech Support or something similar to perform the upgrade since ITS’s Walk-In services will not be able to address these requests on personal equipment. Click on the following links to find out the minimum requirements for Windows 7  and Windows 8.1 .
(NOTE: ITS highly recommends you upgrade to at least Windows 7 or Windows 8 in order make the best use of the latest features and tools.)
ITS will be focusing on working with department IMOs to address all Pace-owned equipment within our university environment over the next few months.
To find out more information on this subject please reach out to the ITS Help Desk at (914) 773-3333 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .