Pace University Information Technology Services (ITS) will be transitioning student email accounts to Google Apps for Education. Google Apps will be the University email program for students. Google Apps online services allow students to take advantage of Google’s email, productivity, and collaboration tools while maintaining their @pace.edu email name. In addition to email, students can save their documents online, chat with friends, and more. You will have plenty of room, over 7GB of server space and counting! Google offerings include communication tools (Gmail, Google Talk, and Google Calendar), productivity tools (Google Docs: text files, spreadsheets, and presentations), and Google Sites (to develop web pages) accessible from any Internet connection.
For additional information please visit the Google Apps Frequent Asked Questions page.
Google provides a variety of tools to help you learn how to use each part of the Google Apps for Education. Please review the information linked below for details and help using the tools.
Online User Guides
- Google Apps Overview
- Gmail Training Presentation
- Google Calendar Overview
- Google Docs Overview
- Google Apps Basics: Mail and Calendar
- Managing Your Inbox: Tips and Tricks for Gmail
These videos show you quick demos of common tasks.
- Mail: Archiving Messages
- Mail: Threaded Conversations
- Calendar: Scheduling Meetings
- Calendar: Sharing Calendars
Find answers to common questions.
- What does my Google Apps for Education account provide?
- How do I log into my student Google Apps Account?
- Will my email account address change?
- How much is the space limit for Google Apps e-mail?
Can I keep my email account after graduation?