Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor
Respondus is a secure online exam solution that is embedded in Blackboard. There are two components of Respondus: the Lockdown Browser and Respondus Monitor.
- Lockdown Browser:The Lockdown Browser component locks down the testing environment by restricting students from accessing other websites, course content, and many other functions, in order to provide a secure online exam environment. View this short video to see how Respondus works. The Lockdown Browser is available for all Blackboard courses. The link to download the Lockdown Browser is available on the My Resource page in Blackboard under the “Services” section.
- Respondus Monitor:The Monitor component adds an extra layer of security for online students by requiring students to record themselves taking the exam via webcam. To use this component, instructors should contact Beth Gordon Klingner (email@example.com).
Best practices for instructors: If you plan on using Respondus, we recommend you follow these steps:
· Include and/or adapt this syllabus statement in your syllabus
· Discuss Respondus with your students and let them know what they should expect.
· Create a no stakes practice test for your students to practice using Respondus, in order to eliminate complications on exam day
For help with using Respondus, contact the ITS HelpDesk