Social Media Users Group (SMUG)
Purpose: Enhance the Pace University usage, cross- functional efforts and immersion of our efforts into the modern technologies / techniques of Social Media.
Scope: All of Pace University, including all academic and support areas, faculty, staff and students and alumni (possibly prospective students and broader community).
Identify all of the various social media work currently being done, including academic and non-academic.
Test and recommend new tools that may help to strengthen and deepen our social media efforts.
Communicate the social media activities more broadly across the University.
Social Media Management Applications:
Gramblr allows users to upload photos directly from a PC to Instagram
Squaready ensures Instagram photos are not cut off or altered when cropped
Repost provides the public with articles and content for their site
Regram allows you to repost Instagram pictures
TweetCaster gives Twitter more features
Facebook Pages Manager lets you manage up to 50 pages from your mobile device
Tumblr is a microblogging platform and social networking website
Social Media Analytics and Scheduling:
Iconosquare provides users with key metrics about their Instagram account
- Buffer schedules Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn content and provides statistics
- HootSuite is a social media manager which schedules Facebook and Twitter content
- Topsy is a platform for searching and analyzing social media content
- TweetBinder lets you analyze, classify, and report your terms or hashtags on Twitter
- Keyhole lets you track Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram data
- Google Analytics lets you analyze traffic on social media sites
#PaceU, #PacePride, #PaceProud, #PaceGrad, #PaceBound, #TBT, #PacePrez, #NYC, #PLV, #MotivationalMonday, #MajorMonday, #MilitaryMonday,#TransferTuesday, #WisdomWednesdays
To find out more about SMUG, please contact:
Executive Director of Academic Technology, ITS