Lost or Stolen Documents



If you have lost your Form I-20 or Form DS-2019, a new one can be issued by the Office of International Programs and Services. If you lose your I-94 card, however, you may need to file an application with a required fee to the Department of Homeland Security. It may take up to six months to receive the replacement document. If you plan to leave the U.S. for a trip abroad in the near future, you will receive a new I-94 upon re-entry to the U.S. and therefore it may not be necessary to request one from DHS. If you lose your passport, you must contact the Consulate or Embassy of your home country, that is, the country that issued your passport. You are strongly encouraged to make photocopies of all your immigration documents, which will make it easier to replace anything that gets lost or stolen.