Lost Or Stolen Documents
You are strongly encouraged to make copies of all immigration documents and keep them in a separate, safe location.
If any of your immigration documents are lost or stolen, contact the International Students & Scholars office immediately.
Did you lose...
An I-20 and are leaving the U.S. for international travel?
- A new one can be issued by the ISS. Please plan accordingly and request at least three days prior to travel.
- A new I-94 (PDF) (PDF) will be issued to you automatically upon re-entry to the U.S. You should make sure to print out your I-94 record upon your arrival.
- Contact the embassy of the country which issued your passport.
An Employment Authorization Document (EAD)?
If you lost your EAD card or it was stolen, you will need to re-apply through USCIS. It may take up to 3 months to replace a lost or stolen EAD card. The following documents are required:
- Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization
- Copy of I-20 issued for OPT
- Passport copy (bio-page)
- Passport copy (visa page)
- I-94 arrival record
- 2 passport size photos
- I-797A OPT Approval Notice
- Copy of lost or stolen EAD card (if available)