NYC ID CARD
If you live in New York City, you can apply for a NYC ID! This government-issued photo identification card is FREE and will not only serve as a form of ID, but will also give you access to entertainment discounts and free one-year memberships to many of NYC's museums, zoos, and concert halls.
NYPD Accepts IDNYC!
“The NYPD accepts the city’s IDNYC as a valid and recognized form of government-issued identification including for issuance of summonses and Desk Appearance Tickets.” – More information on NYPD Policy on Immigration Status.
How To Apply
Click here and select “Apply for an IDNYC Card”
The online application includes the following steps:
- Complete the application form
- Select the documents which you will show in support of your application as proof of identity (i.e. passport) and residency (i.e. utility bill, lease)
- Schedule your enrollment center appointment
- Review your information and provide electronic signature
**Applications must be completed at an enrollment center within 30 days of submitting the online application**
Apply In Person
- Print and complete IDNYC Application
- Review Applicant Document Guide for a list of acceptable documents which you will show as proof of identity (i.e. passport) and residency (i.e. utility bill, lease)
- Schedule an appointment