The University's data center is currently housed on the Briarcliff Campus and will soon be moving to the Pleasantville Campus. This undertaking involves many moving parts, coordination, and necessary maintenance periods for all services. ITS has been carefully planning the process for the move and is doing our best to minimize disruption to services.
What does this mean for you?
Certain services and systems will require downtime in order for the move to take place. The length of time these services and systems will be unavailable will vary depending on the work that is required. Note: Blackboard Learning Management System (blackboard.pace.edu), Pace Homepage (www.pace.edu), Pace Email (email.pace.edu), and the University Calendar (viewing) will be available throughout all the stages listed below.
What are the important dates to note?
Stage I: Seidenberg Systems Unavailable: Sunday, October 30th: 7:00AM – 3:00PM (COMPLETED)
- Various systems and servers on the Seidenberg network such as File Servers, VMWare Horizon View, NACTEL homepage (support.csis.pace.edu), DPS Server, and mailing lists (@csis.pace.edu) will be unavailable during this time while physical and network work is being performed.
Stage II: Blackboard Transaction System Unavailable: Sunday, November 6th: 6:30AM – 7:30AM (COMPLETED)
- The Blackboard Transaction System will be unavailable during this time while physical and network work is being performed. Transactions such as printing from Pharos printers, off-campus merchant, and food service purchases will be affected during this time. This will not impact Blackboard Learn.
Stage III: Various Pace Systems Intermittently Unavailable: Saturday, November 12th (11:00PM) – Sunday, November 13th (7:00AM) (COMPLETED)
- Various Pace systems including, but not limited to, Kronos, Files Shares (\\pace.edu\shares), Pharos Printing, Lecture Capture (Echo360), SAS Reporting, Remote Server Sessions (i.e. RDSessionFarm1), R25 (requesting/changing events access), Time Matters, and Banner Document Management System (BDMS) will be intermittently unavailable during this time while physical and network work is being performed. Special Note: R25 WebViewer (events.pace.edu) will remain available. Kronos, R25 (requesting/changing events access), SimBridge, Titanium Schedule, Innopac, SharePoint 2010 will be unavailable during the entire duration while work is being performed.
Stage IV: Various Pace Systems Intermittently Unavailable: Sunday, December 4th: 12:00AM – 4:00AM
- Various Pace systems including, but not limited to, Listservs (list.pace.edu), ePortfolio, Web Help Desk (help.pace.edu), MyPace Mobile app, DegreeWorks, Blackboard Transaction System, off-campus access to Library databases (i.e. Academic Search Complete), and Web File Storage (WFS) will be intermittently unavailable during this time while physical and network work is being performed. Special Note: Banner (INB and SSB), DegreeWorks, and MyPace Portal (portal.pace.edu) will be unavailable for the entire duration while work is being performed.
What should I do?
- Please continue to monitor these communications so you have the necessary information about which services and systems are affected.
- Sign up for the ITS Notice Listserv.
- You may need to make adjustments to your schedules and when you use those services and systems during this downtime.
- You can also check the schedule for these services and systems at our IT System Status page (http://status.pace.edu).