- WINTER IS COMING - BE PREPARED
- BLACKBOARD MIGRATION
- NEW ACTIVE LEARNING CLASSROOMS
- DR. WEIGOLD INTERVIEW
- QUALTRICS UPDATE
- DIGITAL MEASURES UPDATE
- ADVERTISING ON DIGITAL SIGNAGE
- NBC LEARN
- ePORTFOLIO CORNER
- MOBILE TECH MEETING DATES
- WEBINAR WEDNESDAYS
- DYSON AND LUBIN COURSE EVALUATIONS AND GRADE DELAYS
- COMPUTER SAFETY TIPS
- STUDENTS AND THEIR COURSE SCHEDULES
- EMAIL MAILBOX UPGRADE
WINTER IS COMING - BE PREPARED
Learn strategies for building your virtual presence throughout the semester. The plan gives instruction on how to...
- Post the course syllabus online
- Setup the online Gradebook
- Utilize Discussion Boards
- Schedule a web conferencing session
- All courses and communities will be unavailable on Wednesday, December 23rd from 12:00PM - 5:00PM.
- Fall 2015 courses and communities will remain unavailable until Monday, January 11th.
- Faculty are strongly encouraged to complete all grading by Tuesday, December 22nd.
- Courses that run during the Winter break (anytime between Wednesday, December 23rd and Sunday, January 24th) will be available to faculty at 5:00PM on Wednesday, December 23rd and will open to students automatically on the Course Start Date as defined in Banner.
- Spring 2016 courses will remain unavailable to faculty until Monday, January 11th and will be available to students automatically on the Course Start Date as defined in Banner.
- Faculty developing Spring 2016 courses are strongly encouraged to begin early because they will not have access to build course materials between Wednesday, December 23rd and Monday, January 11th.
- MyPace Portal (http://portal.pace.edu) will not be impacted by this work so faculty can submit grades at any time but are strongly encouraged to submit by Tuesday, December 22nd.
- If faculty need access to their Blackboard Grade Center, they can export it as an Excel file or print it by Tuesday, December 22nd. For detailed steps, watch this Blackboard Video Tutorial on How to Export the Grade Center.
- All "I" grades will still automatically change to an "F" grade after the standard 6 week period. However, faculty will be given an additional 2 weeks to submit a Change of Grade form with just faculty signature and with no additional approval/signature required.
NEW ACTIVE LEARNING CLASSROOMS
For more information:
- Read Academic Technologies' Blog Post for a full list of features
- Request an ALC classroom for Spring 2016 by filling out OSA's Classroom Resource Preference form.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions.
DR. WEIGOLD INTERVIEW
Using Lecture Capture In The Classroom
Heather Askildsen from Academic Technologies recently interviewed Dr. Weigold about using Echo 360 in the classroom. Echo 360 is a lecture capture tool that can be used by faculty to record lectures and make them available to students online.
Dr. Weigold shares how she personally utilizes this tool in her own courses to keep on track during snow days and how lecture capture has been beneficial to her and her students.
Read the full interview on Academic Technologies' blog.
During the month of December 2015, faculty will have the opportunity to test drive the new user interface for Digital measures. The option to return to the old view will still be available.
Beginning in January 2016, when you log into Digital Measures, faculty will notice that there is a new user interface.
Check out http://www.pace.edu/digitalmeasures on the Academic Technologies' Digital Toolkit for links and resources about the new user interface.
ADVERTISING ON DIGITAL SIGNAGE
Pace's digital signage has undergone significant changes over the summer. We're happy to introduce ORCA TV! This user friendly platform maintains consistent quality across all campus displays. Send advertising submissions directly to ORCA TV via http://pace.orcatv.net/ad-submission/.
ORCA TV supports a wide range of digital media and social media outlets. For more information and tutorials on ad submissions, visit pace.orcatv.net.
NBC Learn gives the Pace community access to thousands of news stories, allowing you to stay up-to-date on current events and broaden your students' historical perspective.
By embedding videos directly into your discussion board posts on Blackboard, you will be able to share relevant media content with your students. With an archive of interesting news stories, NBC Learn can be utilized to change up class discourse and allow your students to engage with media in a whole new way!
Check out the Digital Toolkit for details and the ITS Service Catalog for a complete list of all IT services and technologies available at Pace.
Academic Technologies' new eTern, Sarah Koppalakonda, was featured in the October 2015 Mahara Newsletter. Her article reflected on her experiences as an international student.
MOBILE TECH MEETING DATES
Join Academic Technologies on the below dates to learn about emerging mobile technologies to enhance how we at Pace communicate and share ideas.
- Topic: Blackboard Grade Center
Date: Wednesday: 12/9 (12:10PM-1:10PM)
Description: Ensure that you are ready to submit your course grades by managing grade center columns and calculating exactly what you desire and stated in your syllabus.
Click here to register
Course evaluation is critical in providing constructive feedback to faculty and their departments on the quality of instruction delivered at Pace. Dyson College and Lubin School of Business are urging all students taking any Dyson or Lubin course to participate.
Further details and instructions will be sent to students when the period opens in late November. Faculty will receive an email on Friday, December 25th with information on how to run their reports.
Questions? For Dyson contact Rich Miller (email@example.com) and for Lubin contact Tom Miliano (firstname.lastname@example.org).
It is important to remember that sharing or disclosing your Pace portal username and/or password is prohibited.
- create strong passwords that are at least 8 characters long
- include upper and lower-case letters, numbers and special characters
- make sure your selected password does not include words from part of your name or the name of someone in your family
- change your password regularly and never write it down or email it to anyone
Remember that you are not to share your password with anyone for any reason and that ITS will never ask you to provide confirmation of your credentials for any reason.
Students can build, save, search and modify course schedules based on their activities such as work schedules, team activities, study days, etc.
For more information, students should visit the Schedule Planner site.
EMAIL MAILBOX UPGRADE
As of Monday, November 9th all Faculty, Staff and Retiree mailboxes have been upgraded to Microsoft 2013 server. Below is the remaining schedule for Temporary Contractor, Departmental, Students and Alumni accounts.
- Temporary Contractor Accounts: Sunday, November 15th
- Departmental Accounts: Monday, November 16th to Thursday, November 19th
- Alumni Accounts: Begins Sunday, November 29th
- Student Accounts: Begins February 2016
Each of these group accounts will receive notifications with additional instructions.