- NEED HELP BUILDING YOUR COURSE SCHEDULE?
- BLACKBOARD MIGRATION
- EMAIL MAILBOX UPGRADE
- ADVERTISING ON DIGITAL SIGNAGE
- NBC LEARN
- TAKING A DYSON OR LUBIN COURSE?
- ePORTFOLIO CORNER
- WEDNESDAY WEBINARS
- COMPUTER SAFETY TIPS
- MOBILE TECH MEETING DATES
- QUALTRICS UPDATE
Build, save, search and modify course schedules based on activities such as work schedules, team activities, study days, etc.
For more information, students should visit the Schedule Planner site.
- All courses and communities will be unavailable on Wednesday, December 23rd at 12:00PM.
- Fall 2015 courses and communities will remain unavailable until Monday, January 11th.
- Faculty are strongly encouraged to complete all grading by Tuesday, December 22nd.
- Courses that run during the Winter break (anytime between Wednesday, December 23rd and Sunday, January 24th) will be available to faculty at 5:00PM on Wednesday, December 23rd and will open to students automatically on the Course Start Date as defined in Banner.
- Spring 2016 courses will remain unavailable to faculty until Monday, January 11th and will be available to students automatically on the Course Start Date as defined in Banner.
- Faculty developing Spring 2016 courses are strongly encouraged to begin early because they will not have access to build course materials between Wednesday, December 23rd and Monday, January 11th.
- MyPace Portal (http://portal.pace.edu) will not be impacted by this work so faculty can submit grades at any time but are strongly encouraged to submit by Tuesday, December 22nd.
- If faculty need access to their Blackboard Grade Center, they can export it as an Excel file or print it by Tuesday, December 22nd. For detailed steps, watch this Blackboard Video Tutorial on How to Export the Grade Center.
What do I need to check after I receive the upgrade completion notice?
- Check your mobile device's incoming email server settings. Currently, your incoming email server is listed as either emailwst.pace.edu or emailnyc.pace.edu (based on campus). After your mailbox upgrade is completed you should see email.pace.edu. If you do not see email.pace.edu, please update the server settings to email.pace.edu. In some cases, you may need to delete your Pace email account and re-create it.
- Check to make sure all your mailbox content is still showing and that any previous settings, such as email forwarding, are still enabled.
For more details visit: Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Upgrade.
Pace's digital signage has undergone significant changes over the summer. We're happy to introduce ORCA TV! This user friendly platform maintains consistent quality across all campus displays. Send advertising submissions directly to ORCA TV via http://pace.orcatv.net/ad-submission/.
ORCA TV supports a wide range of digital media and social media outlets. For more information and tutorials on ad submissions, visit pace.orcatv.net.
NBC News created a repository of stories, images, and primary source documents available on-demand for the Pace community. NBC Learn features integration with Blackboard allowing instructors to incorporate relevant content as part of their online course materials.
Check out the Digital Toolkit for details and the ITS Service Catalog for a complete list of all IT services and technologies available at Pace.
Course evaluation is critical in providing constructive feedback to faculty and their departments on the quality of instruction delivered at Pace. Dyson College and Lubin School of Business are urging all students taking any Dyson or Lubin course to participate.
Further details and instructions regarding the Course Evaluation process will be sent out to your Pace email address when the period opens in late November.
Questions? For Dyson contact Rich Miller (email@example.com) and for Lubin contact Tom Miliano (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Academic Technologies' new eTern, Sarah Koppalakonda, was featured in the October 2015 Mahara Newsletter. Her article reflected on her experiences as an international student.
View a recording of Academic Technologies' Webinar Wednesday session "Academic Reflection in the Digital Age: ePortfolio for Assessment and Personal Branding" at www.pace.edu/webinars.
It is important to remember that sharing or disclosing your Pace portal username and/or password is prohibited.
- create strong passwords that are at least 8 characters long
- include upper and lower-case letters, numbers and special characters
- make sure your selected password does not include words from part of your name or the name of someone in your family
- change your password regularly and never write it down or email it to anyone
Remember that you are not to share your password with anyone for any reason and that ITS will never ask you to provide confirmation of your credentials for any reason.
Join Academic Technologies on the below dates to learn about emerging mobile technologies to enhance how we at Pace communicate and share ideas.
- Wednesday: 11/18 (12:10PM-1:10PM): Miller 21
- Tuesday: 12/8 (12:15PM-1:15PM): Miller 16 / Civic E319
All your surveys will remain active and be moved over to your Pace account. Learn how to migrate your account at http://www.pace.edu/faculty-center/qualtrics