The Pforzheimer Honors College Computer Selection Program has been retired as of the end of the Spring 2015 semester. For currently-enrolled Honors students who received computer equipment through the program, please refer to the repair policy below.
Pforzheimer Honors College Computer Selection Program Repair Policy:
This policy covers all repairs for laptops/tablets received through the Pforzheimer Honors College Computer Selection Program at Pace University. Note: The computer selection program was retired at the end of the Spring 2015 semester. Any laptop/tablet received through this program by an Honors College student, who is currently enrolled, will be fully covered and serviced in accordance with the warranty provided by the manufacturer and the stipulations set forth below. This policy also addresses any machines that are outside of their warranty coverage period, when the student is still in the first four years of the program and in good standing. (Please note: Decisions will be made on a case by case basis with approval coming from the Honors College.)
IMPORTANT NOTE: iPad and Dell Tablets are not serviceable through the Client Support Office. Repairs will need to go through the vendor, Apple or Dell. In addition, for quicker service, students may be referred to the Apple Store for hardware repairs on MacBooks.
- All machines with issues that are covered by warranty and are not due to neglect on behalf of the student will be fully covered for repairs.
- All machines with issues that are not covered by warranty and are not due to neglect on behalf of the student will be covered for repairs. Please note: This does not cover the cost of parts.
- All machines needing repairs that are not covered by warranty and are due to neglect on behalf of the student will not be covered without vetted approval which is dependent on extent and type of damage. If the repair is approved, the Honors College will cover half the cost of the repairs and the student will be liable for the other half. A check must be made out to Pace University by the student to cover his/her liability. Payment must be received prior to the return delivery of the repaired laptop/tablet.
- Repairs are only applicable for current Honors students enrolled in classes. Honors machines belonging to students who have graduated are not eligible for repair by the Client Support Office
ISSUE DIAGNOSIS AND REQUEST FOR REPAIR APPROVAL
Any student with a covered laptop/tablet in need of repair should bring the device to their campus ITS Help Desk Walk-In Center for diagnosis. Hours are Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Walk-In Center Locations:
Pleasantville Computer Resource Center – Willcox Hall, 2nd Floor, Room 25
New York City Computer Resource Center – 1 Pace Plaza, 2nd Floor, Room W202
Please let the front desk staff know that you are a Pforzheimer Honors College student and that you received your laptop/tablet through the Honors College. ITS technical staff will troubleshoot the issue with the device and, if applicable, will communicate with the Honors College to get approval for any repairs. Once a decision is made, ITS will inform you and provide next steps.
Options for lost or damaged DEFAULT MODEL computers:
No replacement– If the student remains in the Honors Program, but does not want to replace the default computer, there is no other cost to the student. However, if the student leaves or is dropped from the Honors Program for any reason prior to graduation, he/she will need to pay the fair market value based on the age of the lost/damaged default computer.
Purchase a replacement– If purchasing a new default computer, the student will have to pay the educational marketed value (currently about $550) and then the following rules would apply:
- If the student graduates from the Honors Program, he/she will keep the new default computer.
- If the student does not graduate from the Honors Program, he/she would need to pay back the fair market value of the originally-purchased default computer that was lost or damaged.
Options for lost or damaged UPGRADE MODEL computers:
No replacement– There is no additional cost to the student, regardless of his/her status in the Honors College.
Purchase a replacement– If the student wants a replacement upgrade model computer, he/she must now pay the full educational price of the model currently available for purchase, which includes the student’s and University’s predetermined amounts.
For any general questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk: