Blackboard Known Issues
To report an issue, please contact the Office of Academic Technology by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 914.773.3664.
If a student logs in to Blackboard and opens a test, then logs in again and opens the same test using a different browser or a different computer, without first logging out of the initial test instance, the following may occur:
1. The test answers may not be saved.
2. The test access log may show no activity.
3. The test may be recorded as started and submitted at the exact same time.
Due to a technical issue, the Qwickly Attendance menu item may have disappeared from your Blackboard menu. All of the previous attendance data are saved, but you may need to add the menu item again. The two step process is given below, but you can access the full tutorial at the below link:
1. Hover your cursor over the Add Menu Item “+” located in the top left corner of the Blackboard page and select “Tool Link”.
2. Name the module, select “Qwickly Attendance” as the Type and check the box to make this tool “Available to Users”. Then click Submit.
Turnitin.com service was unavailable from 6:48pm- 7:23pm on Monday, 9 Oct, 2017. Service is restored now.
After a student submits a post/reply in a graded Discussion Board, an exclamation point should appear in the Grade Center. Sometimes this exclamation point does not appear.
The Last Access Column in Blackboard's Grade Center may not accurately reflect student activity. For more information, click the link below:
The good news is that you can get accurate information by doing the following:
1. Go to Control Panel > Evaluation > Course Reports > Overall Summary of User Activity
2. Hover your mouse over the type of report and click the right-arrow to the right of the report title and click Run.
3. Pick a suitable range of dates to check.
4. Select the desired student(s).
5. Click Submit.
6. In the Overall Summary of User Activity, scroll down to the Access/Date graph/chart section.
You can then see what dates the student(s) accessed your course within that range.