Webinar Wednesdays offer an in-depth look at technologies related to teaching and learning at Pace. Webinars focus on a specific technology and offer best practices, tips, tutorials, and suggestions.
The full Spring 2016 Webinar schedule will be posted here once finalized. Upcoming topics will include Blackboard Collaborate, NBC Learn, ExamSoft, Creating Assessments in Blackboard, and more.
Wednesday February 10th 12:10pm - 1:10pm Blackboard Collaborate
Presenter: Lucio Forti, Academic Technologist
Join this webinar for an introduction to Blackboard Collaborate and get to know the features in this web conferencing tool for courses. Learn how to create a session in your course, invite a guest speaker, display PPT or PDF files to participants, record your session, and more!
- Click here to register for this webinar
- Not sure if your computer already has Blackboard Collaborate installed already? Click here to test your ability to join a session. Follow the prompts to install Collaborate if you have not done so yet.
- For additional help with setup, call the Blackboard Collaborate help line at 888-788-5264 or send an email to email@example.com.
Instructions to Join
- Register: Click the link for your desired Webinar and submit your email address.
- Setup: All Webinar Wednesday sessions are held through Blackboard Collaborate. If this is your first time using Blackboard Collaborate, click here to download the installer. Please follow the prompts which will setup Collborate on your computer. You can call the Blackboard Collaborate 24 hour number (888-788-5264) for technical issues should you have any trouble installing Blackboard Collaborate on your computer.
- Join: Links to join the session will also be included in an RSVP confirmation email.
For questions or comments, please reach out to John Blackwell at JBlackwell@pace.edu.
Mobile Technologies User Group
The Mobile Technologies User Group meets to discuss new instructional technologies at Pace and exciting ways that mobile devices can be used in the classroom. Please see the schedule below. All meetings take place in the main VC rooms (Miller 16 in PLV and E 319 in NYC). All are welcome!
- Wed. February 17th, 2016 (M16 / E319)
- Wed. March 14th, 2016 (M16 / E319)
- Wed. April 20th, 2016 (M16 / E319)
- Mon. May 9th, 2016 (M16 / E319)
To catch up on previous meetings visit the Mobile Technology User Group blog.