Pace University assesses a Technology Fee to ensure students have access to the latest instructional technology resources available. The fee is earmarked for instructional technologies to keep Pace up to date with the technology needed for today’s teaching and learning methodologies. All revenue generated from the technology fee goes directly towards funding instructional technology initiatives.
A committee comprised of students and IT representatives from each school will review proposals and vote to select discretionary initiatives receiving funding each year, with annual reports to be provided to the Pace community.
Fee Proposal Eligibility Requirements
All technology purchased and implemented by the Technology Fee must have the ability to be supported by current staffing levels in university areas. If specific departments request technology that will be used in their areas, they should include an explanation of how it will be supported within their area.
Purchase of technology related equipment, software, and/or services used in direct support of student instruction and that will be made available to significant portions of the student population (i.e., entire campus, etc.) in the following categories:
- Classroom Enhancements and Instructional Equipment
- Collaboration/ Feedback Technologies
- Blended/ Online Learning Technologies
- Assessment of Learning
- Digital Content for Learning
- Co‐Curricular Support
- Employment of full-time/part-time faculty or staff
- Stipends of any kind
- Funding of University Learning Management System (add-ons to LMS are permitted)
- Funding of library databases
- Funding of administrative/general purpose technology hardware/software/subscriptions
Proposal Submission Deadlines
All proposals must be submitted by the following dates for review and evaluation.
- Wednesday, February 14th 2018 by 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 4th 2018 by 5:00 p.m.
Submit a Funding Proposal
Students are encouraged to submit their own funding proposal to the Student Technology Fee Committee. All timely submissions will be evaluated and considered at the next Student Technology Fee Committee Meeting. If you would like to submit a funding proposal please click on the following button:
- Wednesday, February 21st 2018 12:10-1:10 p.m.
VC rooms in Pleasantville Miller 16, New York E319, and White Plains A301A
- Wednesday, April 11th 2018 12:10-1:10 p.m.
VC rooms in Pleasantville Miller 16 New York E319, and White Plains A301A