Pace University assesses a Technology Fee to ensure students have access to the latest instructional technology resources available. The fee is earmarked for instructional technologies to keep Pace up to date with the technology needed for today’s teaching and learning methodologies. All revenue generated from the technology fee goes directly towards funding instructional technology initiatives.
A committee comprised of students and IT representatives from each school will review proposals and vote to select discretionary initiatives receiving funding each year, with annual reports to be provided to the Pace community.
Fee Proposal Eligibility Requirements
The committee will consider proposals for academic technologies used in direct support of student instruction in the areas listed below.
- Classroom Enhancements and Instructional Equipment: purchase of technology related equipment, peripherals, furniture, and software.
- Collaboration-Feedback: purchase of software and related technologies
- Blended-Online Learning: purchase of software and related technologies
- Assessment of Learning: purchase of software and related assessment technologies
- Digital Content for Learning: purchase of software, digital content repositories, and related technologies
- Student Experience and Co-Curricular Support: purchase of software and related technologies in support of Pace Path Initiative.
Note: The committee may also recommend technology pilot programs.
The committee will not consider proposals that include requests for:
- Employment of full-time/part-time faculty or staff, or stipends of any kind
- Funding of University Learning Management System (add-ons to the LMS are permitted); and library databases
- Purchase of Administrative hardware or software
Spring Proposal Submission Deadlines
All proposals must be submitted by the following dates for review and evaluation.
- Monday, February 8, 2016 for the February 22, 2016 meeting
- Monday, March 28, 2016 for the April 11, 2016 meeting
Submit a Funding Proposal
Students are encouraged to submit their own funding proposal to the Student Technology Fee Committee. All timely submissions will be evaluated and considered at the next Student Technology Fee Committee Meeting. If you would like to submit a funding proposal please click on the following button:
Spring 2016 Meetings
- Monday, February 22, 2016: 12:00PM-1:00PM: VC Rooms (PLV Miller 16 and NY E319)
- Monday, April 11, 2016: 12:00PM-1:00PM: VC Rooms (PLV Miller 16 and NY E319)
Past Spending By Category