Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning, Asexual, and Ally Cyber Center
Register for the 4th Annual NY State Transgender Health Conference held @ Pace's Schimmel Theater, September 19th from 9-5PM.
Check out the LGBTQA & Social Justice Center's Winter Newsletter!
NYC LGBTQA CENTER DISCUSSION SERIES
Join the LGBTQA & Social Justice Center for a Discussion Series for trans* individuals and our cisgender allies. Trans* encompasses the many diverse identities that exist under and outside of the transgender umbrella. This includes but is not limited to: transgender, genderqueer, agender, genderless, genderf*ck, third gender, two spirit, bigender, and non gendered. Several of the conversations will be facilitated by J-Mase.
Join a discussion group for bisexual pansexual & non-monosexual identified people who are looking for a safe space to meet, mingle & discuss their experiences and realities.
Are you thinking of coming out? Questioning? Always coming out? Wondering if you should come out? Are you dating someone who is not out? The LGBTQA & Social Justice Center, will begin our Coming Out Group to discuss various issues and realities associated with the ongoing process of coming out.If you are interested in joining this group, sign up is required and space is limited, so please contact: Kelly Herbert @ firstname.lastname@example.org learn more about the group.
Join the LGBTQA & Social Justice Center and the Office of Multicultural Affairs for a series of conversations about issues and realities experienced by queer people of color. The conversations will be facilitated by Proffessors Denise B. Santiago and Christopher Godfrey.
THE GAY & QUEER MALE EXPERIENCE
FRIDAYS @ 12, OCT 17 AND 31, NOV 14 & 28, DEC 5 @ 41 PARK ROW, 9TH FL, RM 903
Join staff member Jonathan Hooker and Proffessor Jason Whitesel for a series of conversations about issues and realities experienced by bisexual, pansexual and queer men. Topics will include body image, health, dating, sex, drugs and NYC.
PACE LGBTQA RESOURCES
- LGBTQA & Social Justice Center (NYC).
- LGBTQQ Center (P'Ville).
- LGBTQA Task Force (University Wide).
- Dean for Students. (NYC & PVILLE)
- Affirmative Action.
- Office of Multicultural Affairs (NYC).
- Office of Campus Diversity (PVILLE).
- Office of Student Success.
- Office of International Programs and Services.
- Counseling Center (NYC & PVILLE).
- Health Care Unit (NYC & PVILLE).
- Queer Studies Minor and Course Offerings.
- Pace Library Research Website related to LGBTQ Topics.
- Research Assistant Opportunities at the LGBTQA Center. Inquire via e-mail, email@example.com
- LGBTQA & Social Justice Center Lending Library & DVD Collection.
- Pace Queer Magazine. Interested in writing? Contact LGBTQAcenter@pace.edu
- Terminology 101.
- Tutoring Center.
Social & Community Building:
- LGBTQA Center Lounge. Stop by for free coffee, tea, Wi-fi, printing, & smiles. 41 Park Row, 9th floor, Room 901.
- NYC LGBTQA Discussion Series. Details above.
- Student Groups: Stonewall Coalition, the Lavender Ladies, the Gay Straight Alliance, Lambda Law.
- Social Media: LGBTQA Center Facebook, Stonewall Facebook, Lavender Ladies Facebook.
- Campus LGBTQA Programs and Events.
- Literary & Pace News Resources: PQ Magazine & the LGBTQA Center Newsletters.
- Click here for an LGBTQA Guide to PACE!!!
- Want to be an ALLY, don't know how. Check this out.
- Scholarships at Pace and Beyond are listed here.
Volunteer, Internship & Graduate Assistant Opportunities:
- The LGBTQA & Social Justice Center offers internship, volunteer, work study and graduate assistant opportunities. To inquire, e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pace's Non-Discrimination Policy:
- Pace's non-discrimination policy includes Gender Identity & Expression & Sexual Orientation.
- To Report Discrimination contact the Affirmative Action Office.
- For more information about the policy or to discuss a situation contact the LGBTQAcenter@pace.edu
Trainings & Workshops:
- Safe Zone Training, Transgender 101 & Social Justice and Diversity Trainings and Consultation Services relating to a multitude of LGBTQA issues are available through the LGBTQA Center.
Transition Related Care, Health & Wellness at Pace:
- The Pace Student Health and Sickness Policy Covers sexual reassignment surgery & hormone treatments.
- Individual, Group Counseling and referall services are available at the Counseling Center.
- Trans* Health and Wellness Organizations in NYC.
- T*-Time Discussion Series: Join the LGBTQA & Social Justice Center for our New Discussion Series for trans* individuals and our cisgender allies. Trans* encompasses the many diverse identities that exist under and outside of the transgender umbrella. This includes but is not limited to: transgender, genderqueer, agender, genderless, genderf*ck, third gender, two spirit, bigender, and non gendered. This series will include film screenings, conversations on gender identity & expression, breaking down the gender binary, learning about trans* activists & celebrities, reading critical writings on gender and trans* experiences, as well as exploring our experiences being trans* & cis allies.
- Discussion groups, programs, social events and advocacy opportunities are put on through the LGBTQA & Social Justice Center and allied organizations.
- Queer Safe(r) Sex Resources.
- To inquire about the ability to use a first name that is different from your legal name on certain campus systems and documents contact the email@example.com
Gender Neutral & Accessible Restroom Listings:
At Pace individuals are able to use a restroom or public facility that corresponds with their gender identity or legal sex. If individuals encounter discrimination while accessing Pace's Public Facilities they may make a formal complaint at the Affirmative Action Office.
Resident Life at Pace:
- Gender Neutral Housing is available on the NYC Campus.
NYC Community Resources:
- There are many viable community organizations and services available to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Queer, Questioning and Ally individuals. Click here to check out our exhaustive listings!