Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning, Asexual, and Ally Cyber Center
New to Pace? Check out Campus Resources here.
Check out the LGBTQA & Social Justice Center's Winter Newsletter!
LGBTQA CENTER DISCUSSION SERIES
T-Time* FEB: 13 & 27, MAR: 13, & 27, APR: 10 & 24 @ 2:30 @ 41 PARK ROW, 9TH FLR, RM 903.
Join the LGBTQA & Social Justice Center for our New Discussion Series for trans* individuals and our cisgender allies. Trans* encompasses the many diverse identities that exist under and outside of the transgender umbrella. This includes but is not limited to: transgender, genderqueer, agender, genderless, genderf*ck, third gender, two spirit, bigender, and non gendered. This series will include film screenings, conversations on gender identity & expression, breaking down the gender binary, learning about trans* activists & celebrities, reading critical writings on gender and trans* experiences, as well as exploring our experiences being trans* & cis allies.
JUST B! FEB 11 & 25, MAR. 11 & 25, APR. 8, & 29 @3:30-4:30 41 PARK ROW, 9th FL, RM 903
JOIN a discussion group for bisexual pansexual & non-monosexual identified people who are looking for a safe space to meet, mingle & discuss their experiences and realities.
COMING OUT GROUP: Mondays @ 12:15, 41 PARK ROW, 9th FL, RM 903 *Sign up Required, Space Limited.
Are you thinking of coming out? Questioning? Always coming out? Wondering if you should come out? Are you dating someone who is not out? The LGBTQA & Social Justice Center, will begin our Coming Out Group to discuss various issues and realities associated with the ongoing process of coming out.If you are interested in joining this group, sign up is required and space is limited, so please contact: Bonnie Gordic at email@example.com Kelly Herbert @ firstname.lastname@example.org learn more about the group.
FRIDAY DISCUSSION SERIES, Fridays @ 12, 41 Park Row, 9th FL, RM 903
A weekly discussion group on topics related to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning, Asexual and Ally experiences and realities. All are welcome. Snacks, coffee & tea provided! Starting: Feb 7th!
THE GAY MALE EXPERIENCE
Join the LGBTQA Center for a special series of talks led by Pace Professor Dr. Tyrel Starks as part of our weekly Friday Discussion Series.
Healthy Relationships, Friday, Feb. 21 @ 12 in RM 903, 41 Park Row, 9th Floor
Recent political changes have dramatically increased the visibility and (at least in some states) legal status of same-gender couples. At the same time, HIV prevention research is paying more attention to men in relationships with men as recent work has indicated that many, if not most, new HIV infections are transmitted between main partners. This discussion will explore participants’ thoughts and feelings about the importance of intimate relationships, what a healthy relationship looks like, and strategies people use to find, stay in, or end a relationship.
Sex, Drugs and NYC, Fri., Feb. 28 @ 12 in RM 903, 41 Park Row, 9th Floor
Being a gay or bisexual man in NYC can be an amazing experience. The wide array of social activities and the diverse population that makes up the city has the potential to be a freeing backdrop. It can also be an incredibly challenging place to meet people, make friends, and manage the logistics of life. Many adolescents and emerging adults confront the need to form opinions and make decisions around alcohol and other substance use. Certain social venues, expectations, and stressors may provide unique pressures and incentives to use alcohol and drugs for gay and bisexual men specifically. This discussion will explore participant’s thoughts and feelings about substance use, the relationship of substance use to the gay and bisexual male community in NYC, and the ways in which drugs and sexuality may become linked.
PACE LGBTQA RESOURCES
- LGBTQA & Social Justice Center (NYC).
- LGBTQA Task Force (University Wide).
- Dean for Students. (NYC & PVILLE)
- Affirmative Action.
- Office of Multicultural Affairs (NYC).
- Office of Campus Diversity (PVILLE).
- Office of Student Success.
- Office of International Programs and Services.
- Counseling Center (NYC & PVILLE).
- Health Care Unit (NYC & PVILLE).
- Queer Studies Minor and Course Offerings.
- Pace Library Research Website related to LGBTQ Topics.
- Research Assistant Opportunities at the LGBTQA Center. Inquire via e-mail, email@example.com
- LGBTQA & Social Justice Center Lending Library & DVD Collection.
- Pace Queer Magazine. Interested in writing? Contact LGBTQAcenter@pace.edu
- Terminology 101.
- Tutoring Center.
Social & Community Building:
- LGBTQA Center Lounge. Stop by for free coffee, tea, Wi-fi, printing, & smiles. 41 Park Row, 9th floor, Room 901.
- Student Groups: Stonewall Coalition, the Lavender Ladies, the Gay Straight Alliance, Lambda Law.
- Social Media: LGBTQA Center Facebook, Stonewall Facebook, Lavender Ladies Facebook.
- Campus LGBTQA Programs and Events.
- Literary & Pace News Resources: PQ Magazine & the LGBTQA Center Newsletters.
- Click here for an LGBTQA Guide to PACE!!!
- Want to be an ALLY, don't know how. Check this out.
- Scholarships at Pace and Beyond are listed here.
Volunteer, Internship & Graduate Assistant Opportunities:
- The LGBTQA & Social Justice Center offers internship, volunteer, work study and graduate assistant opportunities. To inquire, e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pace's Non-Discrimination Policy:
- Pace's non-discrimination policy includes Gender Identity & Expression & Sexual Orientation.
- To Report Discrimination contact the Affirmative Action Office.
- For more information about the policy or to discuss a situation contact the LGBTQAcenter@pace.edu
Trainings & Workshops:
- Safe Zone Training, Transgender 101 & Social Justice and Diversity Trainings and Consultation Services relating to a multitude of LGBTQA issues are available through the LGBTQA Center.
Transition Related Care, Health & Wellness at Pace:
- The Pace Student Health and Sickness Policy Covers sexual reassignment surgery & hormone treatments.
- Individual, Group Counseling and referall services are available at the Counseling Center.
- Trans* Health and Wellness Organizations in NYC.
- T*-Time Discussion Series: Join the LGBTQA & Social Justice Center for our New Discussion Series for trans* individuals and our cisgender allies. Trans* encompasses the many diverse identities that exist under and outside of the transgender umbrella. This includes but is not limited to: transgender, genderqueer, agender, genderless, genderf*ck, third gender, two spirit, bigender, and non gendered. This series will include film screenings, conversations on gender identity & expression, breaking down the gender binary, learning about trans* activists & celebrities, reading critical writings on gender and trans* experiences, as well as exploring our experiences being trans* & cis allies.
- Discussion groups, programs, social events and advocacy opportunities are put on through the LGBTQA & Social Justice Center and allied organizations.
- Queer Safe(r) Sex Resources.
- To inquire about the ability to use a prefered name on certain campus documents, contact the LGBTQAcenter@pace.edu
Gender Neutral & Accessible Restroom Listings:
Resident Life at Pace:
- Gender Neutral Housing is available on the NYC Campus.
NYC Community Resources:
- There are many viable community organizations and services available to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Queer, Questioning and Ally individuals. Click here to check out our exhaustive listings!