Step by Step Screenshots
1.Go to /library in a web browser
2. Choose “Databases: Find an Article” which is under “Quick Links”
3. Select the database you want to search, for example, “ABI-Inform[Ftxt]” from the selection and click “Go to Database” button.
Click below to go
4. A page describing the database ABI-INFORM should load. Then start searching your subject.
5. Here is where you should see a page “Remote Authentication for Pace Library Databases and Resources”. There should be a box for logon, MyPace Portal Username. Select the appropriate choice, type in your Pace Portal username, for example, “EQ1353B”. Your password should be the password you use for email.pace.edu and the MyPace Portal. Click login.
a. If you do not know your student email address you can look up the username at this link Look it up here
6. A few moments will pass; some systems are faster then others. In Internet Explorer, You should receive a small “Security Alert” saying the following: “You are about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure.”
This is absolutely normal, and press yes. This does not happen in all browsers.
a. If the process takes a really long time and then sends you to a page with a message that says “We’re Sorry… the user name/barcode or password is incorrect.”
It is possible you have typed you user credentials incorrectly or you have forgotten your password.
If you are able to logon to email.pace.edu and the MyPace Portal with the username/password, then the Library Remote Databases should work.
If you have forgotten or need your password reset, you must deal with Information Technology Services via their Online Help Desk.
You can have them reset your email password at HTTP://help.pace.edu
7. You should arrive at the ABI-INFORM database page, if the user/password goes in without issue.
If the user is still having issues, please contact Erik Jantzen via email at EJANTZEN@pace.edu or call the Library Systems Office at (914) 773-3383.