- The fine on overdue books is 10 cents/day per book, excluding days the library is closed. The maximum fine for an overdue book is $25.00.
- The fine on overdue hourly reserve books is $1.00/hour or part of an hour. You will be fined $5.00/day if you remove hourly reserve items or periodicals from the library, or if you do not return one-day or seven-day reserve books on time. Reserve book fines can accumulate as high as $100.
- The overdue video/DVD fine is $2.00/day.
- Borrowing and ILL privileges will be blocked when $5.00 or more is owed to the library.
- If you incur $100.00 or more in library fines, a hold will be placed on your entire account in Banner, and you will not be able to register, request transcripts, receive your diploma, and more.
- At the Birnbaum Library, provide the call number when requesting reserve material.
- At the Mortola Library, provide your faculty member's name when requesting reserve material.
- Reserve materials consist of popular reference books, readings assigned by your instructor and some annual reports. Check for reserve material by course or professor name on the online library catalog. A library barcode is required to request and to borrow reserve materials, usually for two hours in the library.
Connect NY is a consortium of New York State academic libraries that share collections. NExpress is a similar consortium of New England libraries that works with ConnectNY. Books ordered from both services generally arrive within 5 business days. Connect NY and NExpress books are borrowed for your use from another library; please take good care of these items.
- The initial loan period for ConnectNY is 42 days (six weeks). One 42-day renewal is allowed.
- The initial loan period for NExpress is 28 days (four weeks). Three 28-day renewals are allowed.
- The lending library has the right to recall the book at any time. Fines are 10 cents/day for late returns. There is a $100 charge for lost or damaged books.