Excellence in Research Awards 2010-11
The Pace University Library is pleased to announce, for the seventh year, the Excellence in Research Award program. The purpose of the program is to reward undergraduate students who make valuable use of the print and electronic collections of the Pace Library as well as other available information resources. In celebration, we will be awarding $50.00 to six individual Pace undergraduate students (three recipients on the PLV campus and three on the PNY campus).
Education occurs in many places inside the university. The Excellence in Research Award is intended to recognize the education that occurs as a result of using the library. The award identifies those students who demonstrate unusual skill and creativity in using library resources.
Any undergraduate currently enrolled at Pace University. All undergraduate class levels and majors are eligible. Eligible projects or papers must be those that have, at some time, been assigned and must come with an original description of the assignment (assignment sheet, syllabus, etc.)
Successful projects will:
- demonstrate creativity in the use of research tools
- demonstrate thoroughness in the research process
- demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- demonstrate use of a broad range of research tools
Applications should consist of:
- Completed Form [ LINK:: Excellence in Research Award Form* ]
- Completed reflective paragraph of why you think your paper or project is deserving of the award. (please point out in your reflective paragraph how your project meets evaluation criteria).
- Paper or Project itself.
- Original assignment description (assignment sheet, syllabus, etc.) attached to the paper or project.
INCOMPLETE PROJECTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED so make sure to include all components in the nomination package.
When preparing your application package, please use paper clips, envelopes or folders where possible.Deliver your completed application to any of the following locations below to the attention of:
Steve Feyl, Associate University Librarian, Mortola Library, PLV.
1 Pace Plaza
New York, NY
861 Bedford Road
DEADLINES AND AWARD NOTIFICATION
Applications must be received by the project coordinator (Steve Feyl) in the Mortola Library by 5:00PM on Monday, April 18, 2011 in order to be considered. We encourage you to turn in your applications as soon as possible so as to avoid any potential delivery problems that may result in the nomination not being considered. Award recipients will be notified later that week and recipients will receive their awards at the Annual Writing Recognition Ceremonies in PLV and PNY late April (dates TBD).