ADMISSION PROCESS FOR THE FALL 2014
DOCTOR OF NURSING PRACTICE (DNP) COHORT GROUP
· Graduate Admissions will screen applications and submit the completed admission packet for all qualified applicants to the DNP Admissions Committee.
· Qualified applicants will be interviewed by the DNP Admissions Committee.
· Graduate Admissions will assist the DNP Admissions Committee in setting up and conducting DNP admission interviews.
· During the interview with the DNP Admissions Committee, applicants will be required to write a 250-500 word abstract on a clinical question they have identified in their practice.
· The DNP Admissions Committee will meet to review outcomes of interviews and select the cohort of up to 24 students, and up to 6 alternates.
· Graduate Admissions will notify all applicants of their status after the selection process has been completed.
- Be a graduate of an accredited master’s degree program in nursing
- Have exceptional conceptual skills as evidenced by a writing sample
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.3 in their master’s degree program in nursing, or equivalent professional experience
- Be licensed as a registered nurse in New York State, state certified, and board eligible as a family nurse practitioner*
- Have advanced practice nursing experience
- Submit a 2-page essay with their application discussing personal goals for completing the DNP:
- Student essays must be submitted in Arial or Times New Roman, 12 pt font size, with 1 inch margins, double-spaced
- Student essays must have the applicant’s name and the title of her/his statement
- Submit two letters of recommendation that describe the applicant’s (advanced) clinical practice, potential for achievement in graduate study, and potential for professional achievement. The letters of recommendation should address the applicant’s intellectual ability, ability to work with others, ability in written and oral expression, maturity, initiative/independence, and creativity/originality.
- Submit a current professional resume