Faculty Policy Intensive
Andréa Sonenberg, DNSc, WHNP, CNM is one of just eight nursing faculty members nationwide to be selected to attend the American Association of Colleges of Nursing inaugural Faculty Policy Intensive in Washington DC in March. This four-day immersion program is designed for faculty of AACN member schools who are interested in actively pursuing a role in healthcare and nursing policy. This Faculty Policy Intensive offers participants the opportunity to enhance existing knowledge of policy and advocacy through sessions that will strengthen understanding of the legislative process and the dynamic relationships between federal departments and agencies, national nursing organizations, and the individual advocate.
The Faculty Policy Intensive provides opportunities to:
- Meet with leadership from federal departments and agencies to discuss policy initiatives for the nursing profession
- Network with Hill staff at AACN’s Congressional Reception
- Attend workshops to strengthen and refine communication skills for effective advocacy
- Engage with representatives from national professional nursing organizations on current healthcare issues and the role of the collective voice
- At the conclusion of the Intensive, participants will put their new advocacy skills to use as AACN Faculty Policy Liaisons