Professional Nursing Leadership
Pace's new Professional Nursing Leadership program focuses on quality and safety assessments and improvement strategies, as well as team‑based approaches to culturally competent, evidence‑based solutions that prepare healthcare systems specialists to oversee and direct patient care.
Graduates of this program are eligible for national certification as a Clinical Nurse Leader.
- This program is available as a 42-credit master’s program for nurses with a BS in Nursing, or a 36-credit Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) for master’s-prepared nurses.
- No clinical experience is required for this program, so current BS in Nursing students about to graduate can apply.
- Both the MS and the CAGS are in an executive format with online learning coupled with convenient on-campus sessions
Specialty courses include content on:
- Risk assessment and quality and safety
- Teaching and learning with an emphasis on coaching and mentoring
- Clinical applications of technology and health information systems
- Healthcare financing
- Complexity and change theories
- Socioeconomic influences upon healthcare
- Systems management including human resource supports
- Legal and ethical implications for intra- and inter-professional practice improvement are also discussed
|Grad Nursing Core||Credits|
|NURS 801 Underpinnings of Advanced Nursing||3|
|NURS 802 Leadership in Advanced Nursing||3|
|NURS 803 Advanced Nursing in Primary Health Care||3|
|NURS 804 Scholarly Inquiry in Advanced Nursing||3|
|Advanced Nursing Science Core|
|NURS 681 Pathophysiology for Advanced Practice Nurses||3|
|NURS 682 Clinical Pharmacology for Prescribing Providers||3|
|NURS 640 Advanced Physical Assessment||4/2 clinical|
|MS in Professional Nursing Leadership|
|NURS 760 Quality and Safety in Primary Health Care||3|
|NURS 761 Teaching and Learning in Primary Health Care||3|
|NURS 762 Professional Nursing Leadership Clinical Immersion||3/3 clinical|
|NURS 763 Professional Nursing Leadership Clinical Immersion||3/3 clinical|
|Total Number of Credits||42|
The Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (post-master’s) is 21–36 credits based on previous graduate courses that may meet the requirements for NURS 804, 681, 682, and 640. NURS 801 and 802 are not required for the certificate program.
To learn more about this and other programs offered by Pace’s College of Health Professions, visit www.pace.edu/CHP.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICATION
1. Application and admission information can be found here.
2. Applications are submitted online. Click here to apply.
There is a $70 non-refundable application fee (check or money order), payable to Pace University.
3. Transcripts: Please arrange for an official transcript to be sent from each academic institution that you attended to the Office of Graduate Admission.
The deadline for completion and submission of applications is 3/1/2016.