EXCELLENT PREPARATION FOR THE MOST PRESTIGIOUS FINANCE CERTIFICATIONS
- CFA Institute has welcomed Pace into the CFA Institute University Recognition Program. CFA Institute recognizes that several of Lubin's finance programs significantly integrate the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge™ and emphasize the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
- These programs well-position students to obtain the Chartered Financial Analyst® designation.
- The CFA® charter has become the most respected and recognized investment credential in the world.CFA Institute is the global association of investment professionals that sets the standard for professional excellence and administers the industry gold standard CFA charter.
YOUR LUBIN BBA: A REWARDING CAREER IN A CRITICAL ROLE
Your Lubin BBA in Finance is the perfect way to launch your career in one of the most profitable sectors of the economy.
- Shape the financial futures of individuals and organizations
- Explore finance on a global scale
- Connect with executives at major financial institutions
- Apply theory to practice in real business settings
You'll earn a respected BBA and be prepared to succeed across the broad spectrum of business and industry - and you'll do it in the heart of New York City's financial district.
Upon graduation 73 percent of Lubin's finance majors have job offers in hand, and many of those offers come from top-tier financial institutions. (Source: Pace University Career Services)
AN EXCITING AND LUCRATIVE CAREER
As a finance professional, you'll be prepared for a lifetime of success in a wide variety of settings. And whether you want to join a corporation, government agency, financial institution, insurance company, or nonprofit organization, you'll have both the conceptual background and the tools that will lead to the success of your organization and your own career. Here's what to expect with a BBA in Finance:
- Enjoy good pay: $60,649 is the mean salary for BBA in Finance graduates (Source: Pace University Career Services Annual Reports) - the median salary for financial managers is $115,320 (Source: O*NET)
- Launch your career with Lubin connections through our network of 72,000 alumni
GAIN USEFUL SKILLS AND PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE
The BBA in Finance will equip you with the knowledge, skills, and professional connections that will empower you to get ahead in your career faster. From the core theoretical financial principles to an abundance of opportunities to apply what you know in meaningful, real-world business settings, this program is proven and respected. Through Lubin you gain:
- A solid foundation in the core areas of finance: You learn the essential principles in financial management, advanced financial analysis, principles of investment, international finance, money and banking, and quantitative analysis and forecasting.
- A deep and broad investment perspective: You gain hands-on experience managing an actual securities portfolio in your Student Managed Investment Portfolio class, take part in the Association for Growth Cup, and participate in the RISE investment competition held annually in Dayton, Ohio, as well as the Investment Research Challenge, sponsored by the New York Society of Security Analysts.
- A keen sense of 21st-century finance and the skills that matter: You'll be prepared to work in one or more subsectors in the finance and insurance sector, including credit intermediation and related activities; funds, trusts, and other financial vehicles; insurance carriers; monetary authorities; and securities, commodity contracts, and other financial investments.
- Preparation for various prestigious industry certifications including the CFA, FRM, and CFP: Student clubs at the Lubin School of Business will also be useful in preparing for industry certifications. The Pace GARP Chapter is affiliated with the national GARP association, which offers the FRM certification. The NYSSA Chapter at Pace is affiliated with the CFA Association, which offers the CFA certification.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH A FINANCE DEGREE?
- Bond broker
- Corporate finance
- Financial analyst
- Investment banker/broker
- Long-range planner
- Portfolio manager
- Retail financial services
- Venture capitalist
COMPANIES THAT HAVE HIRED PACE GRADUATES OF THIS PROGRAM INCLUDE:
- Alliance Bernstein
- American Express
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Bloomberg LLP
- Citigroup Global Markets
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Goldman Sachs & Co.
- Interpublic Group
- JPMorgan Chase
- Moody's Investors Service
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- Reliance Financial Partners
- Spear, Leeds & Kellogg Specialists LLC
Gain valuable experience interning at internationally respected companies, including:
- Deutsche Bank
- Fidelity Investments
- JP Morgan Chase
- Madison Square Garden
- Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- Omnicom Group
- RBC Capital Markets
- Societe Generale
- WPP Group
- Zenith Optimedia
Other Programs You Might Consider
- BBA, NYC WESTCHESTER
- BBA/MS, NYC WESTCHESTER
- BBA/MBA, NYC WESTCHESTER