Computer labs and classrooms
All labs and classrooms have full access to the Internet. Four high-technology classrooms have laptop connections at every student position. One trading room lab has access to Bridge and ASP software. Pace University's PACENet connects all buildings on all campuses and offers a high-speed link to the Internet as well as other internal University resources. Cabled network access is available in the dormitories, library, student union, classrooms, and other locations throughout the university. Laptop users can access the Web through wireless hubs in the library, cafeteria, student union, and other common areas of the campuses. Computer labs, called Computer Resource Centers (CRCs) are open access rooms dedicated to student coursework and faculty research. CRCs on each campus offer a host of services including Web access, e-mail accounts, and self-paced documentation. CRCs are supported, day and evening, by full-time staff and part-time student consultants.
The Pace University Library has locations on each campus:
Henry Birnbaum Library
New York Campus - 1 Pace Plaza, New York, NY
Edward & Doris Mortola Library
Pleasantville Campus - 861 Bedford Road
There are more than 600,000 bibliographic titles and many periodicals in the libraries of Pace University. Additional titles are accessible via the regional consortium of libraries (ConnectNY). The Electronic and Digital Collection includes 11,000 electronic books and about 29,000 independent journal titles, accessible by authenitcated remote users anywhere and anytime. The library has started laying the foundation for gradually internationalizing the online catalog system of the University, beginning with the Spanish catalog interface in Fall 2005. Library resources also include:
- Real-time reference advising by way of online chat, telephone, and e-mail
- Electronic Reserves used by the faculty to place their required readings so that students can access them anywhere, anytime
- Remote Access to more than Library Databases for authenticated students, faculty and staff. There are at least 110 different databases of specialized nature ranging form computer science and technology to medicine, nursing and social sciences information including the humanities.
- Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan services makes requested documents available to authenticated users anywhere, anytime provided valid accounts are created. This dissolves geographic barriers because requested materials are made available in quite a rapid fashion eliminating the need to transport requested documents by snail mail. The Pace Library is one of the first to implement this in the United States.
- Business Subject Guides - helpful lists of key reference materials, with recommended databases, Web sites, etc. for students researching a particular business topic
- Access to Business Research Databases (for locating journal articles, company financial information, annual reports, trade statistics, etc. online):
- Periodical Lists in the subject area of business
- Business and Company Resource Center - company profiles, company brand information, rankings, investment reports, company histories, chronologies, articles from periodicals, and detailed company and industry news and information.
Business Research Resources
- Pace University Library catalog
- Database Articles (on-campus access for locating journal articles, company financial information, annual reports, trade statistics, etc.)
- Database Articles (off-campus access)
- Periodicals and Journals
- Electronic Texts
- Business Subject Research Guides - pathfinders with recommended databases, Web sites, etc. for students researching a particular area or topic – many originally designed for specific courses which came to the Library for a research instruction session
- Comapny Research
- Industry Research
- Business and Marketing Research