Join Our Team
All Lab Interns are required to work in the Lab or on Lab projects (in or out of the Lab) for a desired minimum of 10 hours per week. In the application email, the intern MUST indicate what days and times he/she would be available to work on the internship. Students will be accepted into the internship if they cannot work 10 hours but can provide meaningful assistance in the time that they can work in the internship.
The IDM Lab is physically located on the PLV and NYC campus. It will not necessarily be required that interns work in the Lab all the time, but they will be required to occasionally attend meetings at the Lab in PLV or NYC.
- a) Students can be from any school at Pace.
- b) Students must complete the application and marketing positioning statement essay described below.
- c) Students must have completed MAR 250 or have an acceptable waiver for that course.
- d) It is desired to have students completed courses in market research, consumer behavior and advertising, but not necessary.
- e) If students do not have any marketing courses, but have research courses, web design courses, graphics arts course or HTML skills, for example that would be desirable.
- f) Students must provide a "worksheet" defining how much time can be committed to the internship. 10 hours of weekly work is desired. Time logs and records will be maintained.
The student should complete the Internship Application, then attach a resume and e-mail it to the Lab Head, Professor Harvey Markovitz, email@example.com.
If the student wants this internship for credit, Professor Markovitz will guide the student through the Lubin School of Business Marketing Department process. The Lab Head will be the student's internship advisor. The student and advisor will meet to complete and sign the contract. Once the entire Internship Application has been approved by the Chair and Dean, the student will receive an email from the office of the Dean of Undergraduate Programs (PLV/NYC) or the office of Undergraduate Academic Advisement and Programs (PNY/NYC) asking him/her to pick up the Permit to Register. Registration must be completed in person at the OSA office.
APPLICATION FOR IDM LAB INTERNSHIP
PURPOSE AND APPROVAL REQUIREMENTS
The purpose of an internship is to provide a qualified student with the opportunity to undertake a work experience that will extend the student's classroom work in practical marketing solutions. The quality of the internship will be judged by whether the planned activities and the skills/knowledge that the student will participate in are important to a practicing professional in the field. THE WORK DONE IN THIS INTERNSHIP WILL BE TREATED AS THE EQUIVALENT OF MARKETING/AD AGENCY WORK. Applicants must have junior standing or graduate student. The Internship Guidelines handout provides a more detailed description of this opportunity.
Please submit this application form, then attach a resume and e-mail it to the Lab Head, Professor Harvey Markovitz, firstname.lastname@example.org. After the application is approved you will be interviewed in person for this position.