Financial Management, Fast Track MBA
Cutting the time it takes to complete a traditional MBA in half, Lubin's Fast Track MBA in Financial Management is a new, innovative, and elite program. In addition to a faster completion time, there is also a significant savings in tuition compared to a regular MBA program.
The 39-credit Fast Track MBA can be completed within one year and is offered on Pace's Pleasantville campus in Westchester County and on the New York City campus in Manhattan. Students proceed through the program as a cohort and housing on the campus is available.
Tuition is discounted from our traditional MBA, reflecting the waiver of all six core requirements that students will have covered in their undergraduate business programs and in the summer campus residency.
Prospective students who have graduated from an AACSB-accredited business school with a 3.30 cumulative GPA or higher and a satisfactory GMAT score are eligible to apply. Students who graduated with a 3.50 or higher cumulative GPA will be considered for admission without the GMAT.
The priority application deadline is June 15 of each year, but we will continue to accept and review applications until the class is filled. Please contact Ms. Devin Gray, Assistant Director of Graduate Admission at (212) 346-1531 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the application/admission process.
Fast Track Fast Facts:
- Classes begin with a Core Immersion Week. This campus residency, which includes housing along with breakfast and lunch, will prepare students for success in their Fast Track course work. It will also provide the opportunity to network with fellow students in the cohort and meet the faculty.
- The Fast Track program is offered on Pace's Pleasantville and New York City campuses.
- Students who are interested in living on the Pleasantville campus for the duration of the program will have the option to do so at a very reasonable cost. This housing is in brand new residence halls, which are part of the multi-million dollar renovations and upgrades on the Pleasantville campus.
- Students have the option of living in the New York City campus housing for the duration of the program. The housing is in the university's modern residence halls, just a few minutes' walk to campus.
- Lubin is known for experiential learning and faculty integrate theoretical knowledge with professional practice in all courses.
- The Fast Track MBA is 39 credits and can be completed in one year.
- Tuition is discounted from our traditional MBA, reflecting the waiver of all six core requirements that students will have covered in their undergraduate business programs and in the summer campus residency.
- A 3.30 cumulative GPA from an AACSB-accredited business school and a satisfactory GMAT score is required for admission to the program.
- Applicants with a 3.50 cumulative GPA or higher will be considered without the GMAT.
- Students proceed through the program as a cohort meaning they start and end together and take the same classes.
Expected Schedule of Fast Track MBA in Financial Management Courses
Foundation Core Courses (19) WAIVED
BUS 043 - Business Writing
MBA 640 - Accounting for Decision Making (4)
MBA 642 - Marketing Management (3)
MBA 644 - Macroeconomics in the Global Environment (3)
MBA 646 - Data Analysis for Decision Making (3)
MBA 647 - Decision Modeling for Management (3)
MBA 648 - Managerial Finance (3)
Students enrolled in the Fast-Track MBA program receive a waiver of the 19 credit Core requirement.
Professional Core Courses (15)
MBA 670 - Organizational Behavior and Leadership (3)
MBA 673 - Financial Strategy and Business Decisions (3)
MBA 674 - Globalization, The New Economy and Ethics (3)
MBA 676 - Managing Business Operations (3)
MBA 678 - Managing Innovation (3)
Required Specialization Courses (9)
FIN 647 Advanced Corporate Finance (3)
FIN 649 International Corporate Finance (3)
FIN 689 Financial Analysis and Policy (3)
Specialization Electives (6)
FIN 661 Corporate Financial Risk Management (3)
FIN 667 Valuation of the Firm (3)
Capstone Course (3)
MBA 688 Business Strategy and Stakeholder Responsibility
Breadth Electives (6)
ACC 645 Theory and Analysis of Financial Statements(3)
Breadth Electives (3):
A Lubin 600- level course, not including MAR or MBA prefixed courses.
TOTAL CREDITS: 39
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH AN MBA IN FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT?
- Risk and insurance analyst
- Credit manager
- Treasurer or chief financial officer (CFO)
- Financial auditor
- Internal auditor director
- Vice president – finance
- Financial specialist
- Financial consultant
Other Programs You Might Consider
- MS, NYC WESTCHESTER
- MBA, NYC WESTCHESTER