MS in Investment Management
Investment Management, MS
EXCELLENT PREPARATION FOR THE MOST PRESTIGIOUS FINANCE CERTIFICATIONS
- CFA Institute has welcomed Pace into the CFA Institute University Recognition Program. CFA Institute recognizes that several of Lubin's finance programs significantly integrate the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge™ and emphasize the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
- These programs well position students to obtain the Chartered Financial Analyst® designation.
- The CFA® charter has become the most respected and recognized investment credential in the world. CFA Institute is the global association of investment professionals that sets the standard for professional excellence and administers the industry gold standard CFA charter.
- This program is recognized by GARP, the Global Association of Risk Professionals. GARP has welcomed this program into its Partnership for Risk Education.
- This program well positions students for GARP's Financial Risk Manager (FRM) certification, a globally recognized gold standard designation in finance.
TURN COMPLEXITY AND RISK INTO REWARD
Manage portfolios for individual and institutional investors:
- Pension funds
- High-net-worth individuals
- Hedge funds
Learn how to build portfolios to maximize return, yet keep risk manageable - or work on the "sell" side, facilitating the purchase of stocks, bonds, and other financial products by investment managers. An MS in Investment Management from Lubin gives you the technical expertise to thrive among financial wizards.
Median salary for financial analysts (Source: O*NET)
AN EXCITING AND LUCRATIVE CAREER
Here's what to expect with an MS in Investment Management:
- Excellent compensation: $68,100 is the mean salary for graduates of the MS in Investment Management program (Source: Pace University Career Services Annual Reports)
- Median salary: $96,200 for financial analysts in New York (Source: careeronestop)
- High earning potential working for financial institutions, including banks, insurance companies, investment bankers, and governments.
- The best opportunities: Those holding a master's degree will have the edge in this field predicted to have average employment growth (Source: O*NET)
- Launch your career with Lubin connections - through our network of 72,000 alumni
GAIN SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND A PROFESSIONAL EDGE
The MS program in Investment Management gives you a thorough understanding of the different equity and fixed income securities available in the financial marketplace, as well as derivative securities such as futures and options contracts. You also learn about specialized investments such as mutual funds and real estate. Through Lubin, you gain:
- Real-time portfolio analysis skills: The Global Portfolio Analysis Center at Lubin allows you to access several financial databases, including Bloomberg, and the opportunity to study and acquire Bloomberg certification.
- Speed to completion: If you have an undergraduate business background, you could complete your MS in Investment Management with as few as 10 courses—in as few as 15 months.
- An eye for finance: Our program allows you to take some courses in Finance, so you learn how financial managers add value to firms whose cash-flow underpins the securities that investment managers acquire.
- Preparation for prestigious certifications such as the CFA: Student clubs at the Lubin School help students prepare for industry certifications. The Pace chapter of GARP, the Global Association of Risk Professionals, is affiliated with the national GARP association, which offers the Financial Risk Manager (FRM) certification. The New York Society of Security Analysts (NYSSA) chapter at Pace is affiliated with the CFA Institute, which offers the CFA certification. Student clubs organize national competitions that help prepare students for certification exams.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH AN MS IN INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT?
- Investment banker/broker
- Financial analyst
- Market research analyst
- Real estate analyst
- Personal wealth management advisor
- Portfolio manager
- Investment officer
COMPANIES THAT HAVE HIRED PACE GRADUATES OF THIS PROGRAM INCLUDE:
- Colonial Consulting LLC
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP
- UT Dallas
GAIN VALUABLE EXPERIENCE INTERNING AT INTERNATIONALLY RESPECTED COMPANIES, INCLUDING:
- Cape Securities, Inc.
- Cooper Global Communications
- HighTower Advisors
- Nespresso, USA
- NYC Office of the Comptroller
- The WhiteRock Group, LLC