GroupM Marketing Analytics Case Competition
Want a guaranteed interview at one of the world's
largest media investment companies?
Come to the GroupM Case Competition Briefing and Networking Reception
Wednesday, March 29, 2017
4:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
One Pace Plaza
The Bianco Room
New York, NY 10038
- Open to all undergraduate and graduate students interested in media, business strategy, and data analytics
- Explore how big data analytics impacts business strategy and ROI through an exciting competition
- The winners and star performers will be guaranteed interviews at GroupM for internships and full-time positions
- Registration opened on March 20; presentations are in April
About the Competition
The case competition teams provide critical perspective and real solutions to marketing problems/topics and have their ideas judged by professionals in the industry. This competition serves as a dynamic opportunity for students to apply their knowledge and skills and enhance their theoretical foundation in the marketing discipline.
Case Competition Timeline:
March 20: Registration opens to Pace students
March 31: Registration deadline
April 1: Case is sent out by e-mail to teams
April 19: Written case is due to GroupM
April 19: Final presentations at GroupM (afternoon)
April 24: Winning team announced
- Minimum of 2 students per team (3 maximum).
- Every team member must be either a full-time or part-time student at Pace University.
- The teams can be a combination of undergrad and masters-level graduate students.
- Students must be available to present their case in person during the week of April 19.
- To be eligible, individual students must submit their updated resumes in an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (Dr. Ipshita Ray, W477, Lubin) by March 31, 2017.
Final Presentation Location:
GroupM North America Headquarters
498 Seventh Avenue
New York, NY 10018
Dr. Ipshita Ray, Associate Professor of Marketing, email@example.com
Rolf Olsen, CIO, GroupM
Peter Frend, Head of North America Analytics, GroupM
Nazanin Jazayeri, Head of Analytics, Mindshare (A GroupM company)
Ikechi Okoronkwo, Senior Manager, GroupM
Members of the 1st Place team will be guaranteed interviews for internship and full-time positions with GroupM.
Individuals from other teams may be identified for interviews as well by GroupM.
A special networking party at GroupM will be organized for all finalists.
General Case Competition Rules:
- Student teams may submit only one final response to the case study, which should address all questions asked.
- The written response must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
- The response must have reasonable spacing and font size (i.e. 12 pt. Arial).
- The response must not exceed five pages of text, with three additional pages in charts, graphs or exhibits.
- Student teams are encouraged to work on their own to solve the case, although they may solicit assistance from faculty. Any faculty assistance will be logged and reported back to judges.
- Final round presentations should be delivered in Power Point format. No more than 20 slides. All team members must participate in the final presentation.
No team member, or faculty member, should be a current employee or consultant for GroupM.