GroupM Marketing Analytics Case Competition
Third Annual Business Analytics Case Competition – New York, NY
Interested in a career in business analytics? Want a guaranteed interview with one of the world’s largest media investment companies? Come to the
GroupM Case Competition Briefing
and Networking Reception!
Wednesday, March 11, 2015
6:00 p.m.– 7.30 p.m.
Bianco Room, 1 Pace Plaza
New York City campus
About the Competition
>> click to download the fact sheet
1st Place winners will be guaranteed interviews for internship and full-time positions with GroupM.
Top performing students from rest of the teams may be offered interviews for internships and full time positions with GroupM and its many agencies. Each team will receive individual participation certificates.
General Case Competition Rules:
- Student teams may submit only one final response to the case study, which should address all questions asked. The written response must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
- The response must have reasonable spacing and font size (i.e. 12 pt. Arial).?The response must not exceed five pages of text, with three additional pages in charts, graphs or exhibits.
- Student teams are encouraged to work on their own to solve the case, although they may solicit assistance from faculty. Any faculty assistance will be logged and reported back to judges.
- Final round presentations should be delivered in Power Point format. No more than 25 slides. All team members must participate in the final presentation.
No team member, or faculty member, should be a current employee or consultant for GroupM.
Case Competition Timeline:
|February 25||Registration opens to Pace students|
|March 15||Registration deadline|
|March 25||Case is sent out by e-mail to teams|
|April 15||Written case is due|
|April 17||Final presentations at GroupM||April 20||Winning team announced|
- Minimum of 2 students per team (4 max).
- Every team member must be either a full time or part time student at Pace University.
- The teams can be a combination of undergrad and masters-level graduate students.
- Students must be available to present their case in person during the week of April 17.
- Final presentation attire: business casual.
- To be eligible, teams must submit a completed registration form and resume by March 15, 2015.
GroupM North America Headquarters, NYC
Dr. Ipshita Ray, Associate Professor of Marketing
Dr. Ipshita Ray is an Associate Professor of Marketing at the Lubin School of Business, Pace University, New York. Her research interests include customer decision making processes, customer relationship management, shopping behaviors and marketing communication effectiveness. She has published in journals such as the Journal of Business Research, Journal of Marketing Communications, Journal of Strategic Marketing, International Review of Retail, Distribution and Consumer Research, and Journal of Academic and Business Ethics. Dr. Ray also has many years of work experience in marketing research and media planning with companies such as MMA/Carat and J.Walter Thompson. She was the Advertising Education Foundation's 2008 Visiting Professor Program's national award recipient and worked with host advertising agency, DDB, Chicago on McDonald's, Budweiser, Wrigley's and State Farm accounts. She was awarded the Outstanding Professor of the Year award in 2002 with an honorary induction to the National Honors Society for Adult Learners in Continuing Higher Education (Alpha Sigma Lambda).
Peter Frend, Head of North America, GroupM Data and Analytics Services
Ikechi Okoronkwo, Manager, GroupM Data and Analytics Services, Pace University alumnus
Jeremy Rose, Associate Director, GroupM Data and Analytics Services