2006 Executive Summit - Marketing and Technology
Tanya Moore, senior vice president, Microsoft
Elaine Hamann, vice president at TIAA-CREF
Executive Summit Conference co-chairs Richard Guha (left), principal, The New England Consulting Group and president, Marketing Executives Networking Group, and Larry Chiagouris, PhD, marketing, Lubin.
Keynote speaker Robert W. Pittman (center), founding member, Pilot Group, LLC, with event co-chairs Larry Chiagouris (left), PhD, marketing, Lubin and Martin Topol, PhD, chair, Lubin’s Marketing department.
Robert Ingalls, chief marketing officer, Verizon.
From left to right: Charlotte Mason, PhD, University of North Carolina; Barton Weitz, PhD, University of Florida, and Michael Belch, PhD, San Diego University. [Participants in the Leading Academics' Perspectives on the Future of Marketing & Advertising panel].
From left to right: Raj Nanavati, partner, International Biometric Group; John Stichweh, director, Worldwide Interactive Marketing, The Coca-Cola Company; and Milton Merl, senior executive, Marketing Sciences Group, Accenture. [Participants in the Disruptive Technology at the Retail Point of Sale panel].
Martin Topol (left), PhD, chair, Lubin's Marketing Department, and Robert Ingalls, chief marketing officer, Verizon.
Presenters were drawn from across the country and as far away as Ireland. The Executive Summit covered mobile marketing, podcasts, blogs, search engines, interactive TV, social networking, licensing technology, retail applications and next wave Internet. The featured Keynote speaker was Robert Pittman, Founding Member, Pilot Group, LLC and former CEO of MTV and former President and Co-COO of AOL Time-Warner. The luncheon speaker was Robert Ingalls, Chief Marketing Officer of Verizon and formerly President of Verizon Broadband and Retail Markets. An additional 25 speakers and panelists filled out the day's fast-paced schedule. Among the speakers four distinguished faculty made presentations that linked theory and practice and helped to emphasize the trademark of the Lubin School which is to bridge the worlds of research and practice in an evolving era of change.
This event was established with three specific goals in mind:
- 1. To raise the Marketing Department's and Lubin's profile within the marketing and advertising community.
- 2. To raise money for research, scholarships and equipment to support our student teams (Ad Teams and AMA Collegiate chapter teams) which are in desperate need of funding to compete at the national level.
- 3. Develop and build ongoing relationships with key influential marketing and advertising executives who can impact opportunities for student internships and career placement at their respective companies.
Based on early feedback from attendees and sponsors, The Executive Summit was a great success. Sponsors have already expressed enthusiasm for embarking on Lubin's next Executive Summit. Further, the Executive Summit seems to have also accomplished much in building relationships with alumni since our sold-out crowd of leading professionals and academicians drawn from across the United States included several alumni from Lubin's eMBA and DPS Programs.
Finally, while guided by Dr. Chiagouris, Dr. Topol, and Ms. Mital Shah, the Marketing Department's Program Coordinator, the support of several Marketing faculty and staff helped to make the Executive Summit a great success. Special assistance was also provided by Ms. Tamara Kelly, Managing Director of Lubin's Office of External Relations; Mr. Thomas Miliano, Lubin's IMO and leading technology specialist; and several dedicated student volunteers drawn from the Department's Ad Team, Ad Club, and PUMA (Pace University Marketing Association).
Media covering the event including Fuji Television and Forbes.com along with attendees from Forrester, USA Today and Business Week.
The Executive Summit Program:
- 8:10 am Registration – Pace University, One Pace Plaza, New York, NY 10038
- 8:40 am Conference Overview. Dr. Larry Chiagouris, Associate Professor of Marketing and Co-Chairman of the Executive Summit.
- 8:50 am Licensing Technology for Profit and Protection. Tanya K. Moore, Senior Director IP Licensing, Microsoft
- 9:10 am Keynote Address Robert W. Pittman, Founding Member, Pilot Group, LLC.
- 9:40 am Television 3.0: Real Time Insight into Convergence and Targeting. Richard Guha, Principal, The New England Consulting Group and Co-Chairman of the Executive Summit, moderates a panel featuring Bob DeSena, Partner, Mediaedge: CIA; Rob Master, Marketing Director, Skin Cleansing, Unilever Home & Personal Care; Shelly Palmer, Managing Partner, Advanced Media Ventures Group; and Lynne Seid, Founding Partner, Visible World, LLC. (Panel Discussion)
- 10:25 am Coffee Break
- 10:45 am Disruptive Technology at the Retail Point Of Sale. Simon Hay, dunnhumbyUSA CEO moderates a panel of senior retail marketing experts including James B. Coleman, Partner, Accenture; Robert Passikoff, Ph.D., CEO, Brand Keys; John Stichweh, Director of Worldwide Interactive Marketing, The Coca Cola Company; Raj Nanavati, Partner, International Biometric Group; and Paul Keung, Executive Director, Internet, New Media and E-Commerce, CIBC World Markets (Panel Discussion)
- 11:30 am Privacy, Identity Theft, Social Networking: The Devil in the Database. Paul Kurnit, Clinical Professor of Marketing, Pace University moderates a panel featuring Jessi Hempel, Business Week journalist; Jim Nail, Chief Marketing & Strategy Officer, Cymphony; and Andres Glusman, Marketing - Director: New Groups and Members, Meetup (Panel Discussion)
- 12:15 pm Leveraging Technology to Deliver Superior Customer Service. Elaine Hamann, V.P. of Interactive Customer Experience, TIAA-CREF (Case Study)
- 12:40 pm Lunch and Featured Address Robert Ingalls, Chief Marketing Officer, Verizon Telecom
- 2:10 pm Search Engine Optimization to Enhance Customer Relationships. Paul Nute, Partner, Tidal Research (Tutorial)
- 2:30 pm How to add a shopping cart to your site: buyer beware. Dov Radzik, President, I.V. Interactive (Tutorial)
- 2:50 pm Mobile Media on the Move. Fred Hanna, CEO, SwifTXT (Tutorial)
- 3:10 pm Coffee Break
- 3:30 pm Presentations by Leading Academic Researchers on the Future of Marketing & Advertising. Ipshita Ray, PhD, Assistant Professor of Marketing moderates a panel featuring Barton Weitz, J.C. Penney, PhD, Professor, University of Florida; Joseph F. Hair, PhD, Professor of Marketing, Coles College of Business at Kennesaw State University; Charlotte H. Mason, PhD, Associate Professor, University of North Carolina; and Michael Belch, PhD, Professor, San Diego State University.
A special report based on the current opinions of industry leaders and experts on the future of marketing and technology will be presented and distributed.
- 4:45 pm Conference Summary. Gary M. Stibel, Founder & CEO, The New England Consulting Group.
Click to download the Summit brochure.