With a Lubin BBA in Hospitality and Tourism Management, you really can go anywherea five-star Manhattan
restaurant, an elite hotel in Hong Kong, or a sustainable tourism site in Brazil. You can:
Lubin's Hospitality and Tourism Management concentration:
- launch an exciting and fulfilling career with opportunities to work in destinations around the world
- manage prestigious venues in New York
- even start your own business
And studying in a city with so many five-star establishments advances you faster!
- is the only AACSB-accredited program in the New York
- focuses on management unlike other programs that emphasize technical skills
- prepares you to rise to leadership positions in tourism, hotel and restaurant management, and event planning and
In New York City, hospitality and tourism contribute an average of $8 billion a year to the economy of the five
(Source: NYC & Company)
Lubin's Hospitality and Tourism Management Program prepares you to analyze and respond as a manager to factors
shaping the industry, including the need to develop more sustainable business models with consideration to the
environment, society, culture and the economy. You will address changing technology, legal implications, human
resources, safety and security issues. Learn about domestic and international trends. Through Lubin, you gain
Click to view
curriculum for the BBA in Hospitality and Tourism Management.
- A strong business core
as you focus on Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Opportunities to study abroad as you focus on
Hospitality and Tourism Management for better understanding of this global industry
- Certified knowledge of safety and security in the hospitality industry
- Broad understanding and critical analysis of travel, tourism, and policy
Lubin puts you at the center of the world's business life, through a network of alumni and corporate partners
that reaches into major financial institutions, media companies, and growing businesses in every industry. Through our
LinkedIn mentoring program, you will connect
with prominent Lubin alumni in your field. We get you out of the classroom and into internships and career-opening
events. We also get you out and involved in this lively metropolitan area. Our New York City campus gives you
the connections, the opportunities, and the access to launch your career successfully.
Take full advantage of
your dedicated team of advisers while you're here. They can guide you through the program and into your career,
opening doors and making connections for you.
Pace University has the
largest internship program in the Metropolitan New York area.
Gain valuable experience in one or
internationally respected companies. Students in the Hospitality and Tourism program complete a minimum 400-hour
internship at sites that have included:
- Abigail Kirsch Catering
- Gramercy Tavern
- Lorelei Enterprises & Events Inc.
- New York City Convention and Visitor's Bureau (NYC & Company)
- Ritz Carlton (New York and Westchester)
- Trump Hotel Soho
The application process can feel stressful—lots of forms to fill out, deadlines, tours, interviews—but know
that we are right here with you every step of the way. Visit the "How to Apply" page for
easy guidelines for submitting your application. In addition to the application, official
high school transcripts, and college transcripts (for transfer students), a personal statement/essay, and two letters of
recommendation in sealed envelopes are required for admission. SAT I, ACT, and/or TOEFL scores should be sent directly
to the Admissions
For admission information, please contact:
|New York City campus|
Click for information about campus tours and information sessions, or call 212-346-1323 to schedule a tour.
To request a brochure, catalog, application packet, or other printed materials, please fill out our online form. You may also call 1-800-874-PACE or send your request via e-mail to email@example.com.
As a manager in Hospitality and Tourism, you join a sector with an influential global presence. Worldwide, tourism ranks
as one of the
top three industries in at least 63
- Enjoy good pay: $38,000 average starting salary for Hospitality and Tourism majors (Source: Pace University Career Services
Annual Reports). 40% of those who start their careers in the travel industry go on to earn more than $100,000 a year (Source: Bureau of Labor
Statistics). $53,970 mean annual salary nationally for lodging managers (Source: U.S. Department of Labor).
- Earn much more later on. Pace University has been ranked by Forbes.com as one of the top 20 "colleges that will make you rich."
- Make your career move with one of the over 300 employers who recruit Pace graduates every year
- Varied industries and professional paths
- Exciting opportunities at respected companies and organizations. Recent Lubin BBA in Hospitality and
graduates have begun their careers at:
- Anfora Wine Bar
- Bentley Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Hotel
- Homewood Suites by Hilton
- Jumeirah Essex
- Leading Hotels of the World
- Lorelei Enterprises & Events Inc.
- Marriott Hotels
- Le Parker Meridien
- Sentry Center
- Soho House
- Thompson Hotel
In the center of New York City's business life, Lubin introduces you to successful business leaders and thriving
multinational corporations. Connect directly with the world-class individuals who serve as an Executive- or Entrepreneur-in-Residence at Pace.
We nurture relationships with many of the world's leading executives, to broaden and deepen your learning
experiencefar beyond what you can expect at any other business school:
Meet top executives when they visit your classes and lecture on campus.
Off campus, we get you through the door and behind the scenes for unique opportunities, thanks to our rich and well-developed network of alumni
and corporate partners:
- Union Square Hospitality: Learn from one of the top restaurant companies in NYC.
- Meet executives from Immersion Journeys, Discover NYC, the Caribbean Travel Association, and the
Museum of Chinese in America.
- Take site visits to Jumeirah Essex Hotel and Great Performance; volunteer at Biz Bash; and attend
the International Hotel, Motel and Restaurant Show.
- A Fortune 100 study trip to company headquarters
- The Fed: Research at the Federal Reserve - almost 100 Lubin alumni are employed here
- NYSE: The rush of the trading floor
"My favorite project as an intern was definitely working on the NAACP 100th anniversary event. I was all hands-on with
the event for weeks and right up to the actual main event where we hosted President Barack Obama as the guest speaker
and Chaka Khan as the main performer!"
- Adrian Simpson '12
Intern, Hilton New York
"My internship as a stagere at the five star Michelin Le Sirenuse Hotel in Positano, Italia has been exciting! The challenge
of working in a different language than my native one has been nothing short of motivational. Learning Italian and the
hotel business has also been a hands-on experience and exposed me to many things, from the food to the thousands of
stairs to navigate. I've learned to work every aspect of Le Sirenuse Hotel - switchboard, reception, reservations, clients,
and much more. While traveling along the Almafi Coast, I have met several culinary interns who like myself are most
grateful for this amazing opportunity. I continue to work towards greatness each day and learn skills to help me in my
- Topaz Smith
Intern, Le Sirenuse Hotel