Quantitative Business Analysis, BBA
YOUR LUBIN BBA: A REWARDING CAREER IN A CRITICAL ROLE
Your Lubin BBA in Quantitative Business Analysis gives you the technical edge for a satisfying analytical career in:
- Financial engineering
- Risk management
- Actuarial science
- Market research
- Management consulting
Leverage your logical approach to solve the most difficult business problems. The BBA in Quantitative Business Analysis offers:
- A QBA program usually only offered at the graduate level
- Connections with successful people in every industry
- Internships and other career opportunities
>> more about Analytics at Lubin
Launch your career in New York, the metropolitan center of worldwide business.
Median salary for operations research analysts in New York (Source: careeronestop)
AN EXCITING AND LUCRATIVE CAREER
With technical skills that are in demand in every industry, QBA graduates can look forward to job growth, mobility, and ongoing paths for advancing their knowledge and careers. Here's what to expect:
- Enjoy good pay: $60,000 mean salary for QBA majors (Source: Pace University Career Services Annual Reports); $81,120 median annual salary for operations research analysts in New York, $76,700 nationally (Source: careeronestop)
- Job growth: 27% forecast through 2022 (Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics). By 2018, the United States alone could face a shortage of 140,000 to 190,000 people with deep analytical skills as well as a shortage of 1.5 million managers and analysts with the know-how to use the analysis of big data to make effective decisions (Source: McKinsey & Company)
- Two-thirds of companies are using analytics to gain a competitive advantage—an 80% increase since 2011 (Source: MIT Sloan School of Management and SAS)
- Launch your career with Lubin connections - through our network of 72,000 alumni
GAIN USEFUL SKILLS AND PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE
One of the few QBA programs in the New York area, the Lubin BBA in Quantitative Business Analysis is a solid, interdisciplinary grounding in data analysis, information technology, quantitative modeling, and mathematics so you can start your career with a technical edge. The BBA in Quantitative Business Analysis offers:
- Essential management science skills: Business strategy, data analysis, simulation techniques, and advanced operations research models
- High-demand software skills: Solve real-world business problems using software packages that are in high demand by employers, such as Microsoft Excel, SPSS (statistical software), Microsoft Access, Microsoft Project, SQL (database language), and Arena (simulation software).
- In-depth mathematics proficiency: Deepen your knowledge and technical skills in advanced math, including Calculus I & II, Applied Multivariable Statistics, or Intermediate Statistics.
- The opportunity to earn a minor or a second major to deepen your specialization in a business function or industry.
- A select and close-knit cohort: small classes with award-winning faculty and experience working as a team, a critical skill for success in business
- QBA student organizations:
- The Pace Chapter of INFORMS (Institute of Operations Research and the Management Sciences) hosts guest speakers from the industry and organizes social activities for QBA students. It has ties with the New York Metro Chapter of INFORMS, the local chapter of professionals in the field.
- Alpha Iota Delta, the national honor society in the decision sciences, provides QBA majors with opportunities for national academic and professional recognition.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH A QUANTITATIVE BUSINESS ANALYSIS DEGREE?
- Quantitative analyst
- Business analyst
- Operations research analyst
- Business intelligence analyst
- Senior consultant
- Vice president
COMPANIES THAT HAVE HIRED PACE GRADUATES OF THIS PROGRAM INCLUDE:
- Geller & Company
- The Ladders
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn
GAIN VALUABLE EXPERIENCE INTERNING AT INTERNATIONALLY RESPECTED COMPANIES, INCLUDING:
- Federal Home Loan Bank of New York
- AFS-Intercultural Programs (International)
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.