Lubin School of Business
Management and Management Science
- @New York City
One Pace Plaza W-492
PhD , ESSEC Business School , 2012
MS , INSEAD , 2008
BA , Hunter College (CUNY) , 2002
Anthropology and Geography
Regents Diploma , Stuyvesant High School , 1998
Awards and Honors
- Lubin School of Business, October 2016 - Excellence in Teaching Award
- Academy of Management - Social Issues in Management Division, August 2016 - Best Paper on the History of CSR
- Academy of Management - Management History Division, August 2016 - Journal of Management History Award for Best International Paper
- Administrative Sciences Association of Canada, June 2015 - Best Paper (Social Responsibility)
- Eastern Academy of Management, May 2015 - Best Empirical Paper
- Pace Academy for Applied Environmental Studies, September 2014 - Faculty Fellow
- European Doctoral Programmes Association in Management and Business Administration, September 2013 - Distinguished Dissertation
- Academy of Management - Social Issues in Management Division, August 2012 - Best Student Paper
- Academy of Management, August 2012 - Finalist, William H. Newman Award
- oikos International, April 2012 - 2nd Place Winner, oikos Case Competition (Social Entrepreneurship Track)
- Fulbright Fellowship, 2002
- Phi Beta Kappa, 2002
Frid, C., Chowdhury, I. & Green, C.
An experiential field study in social entrepreneurship.
Journal of Business Ethics Education.
Resiliance and social enterprise: The case of Aravind Eye Care System.
J. Ryan (Eds.), Summit on Resilience II: The Next Storm. New York, NY, USA: Pace University Press.
, pages 19-26.
Zubcsek, P. P., Chowdhury, I. & Katona, Z.
Information communities: The network structure of communication.
, pages 50-62.
Gautier, A., Pache, A. & Chowdhury, I. (2013). The emergence of non-profit functions within for-profit organizations: Corporate philanthropy in France, 1980-2011. In L. Toombs (Ed.), Best Paper Proceedings of the 73rd Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management.. http://proceedings.aom.org/content/2013/1/17464.short
Chowdhury, I. & Santos, F.
Scaling social innovations: The case of Gram Vikas.
In P. Bloom & E. Skloot (Eds.), Scaling Social Impact: New Thinking. New York, NY, USA: Palgrave Macmillan.
, pages 147-168.
Chowdhury, I. (2014). EGOS Summer Workshop. Resisting microcredit. European Group for Organization Studies, Corfu, Greece
Chowdhury, I., Pache, A., Gautier, A. & , . (2013). Academy of Management Annual Meeting. The emergence of non-profit functions within for-profit organizations: Corporate philanthropy in France, 1980-2011. Academy of Management, Orlando, Florida
Social entrepreneurship, Social responsibility, Communities and organizations, International management
Eastern Academy of Management
Academy of International Business
European Group for Organization Studies
Academy of Management
Graduate Admissions Committee [Committee Member]
Desc: Examine issues related to Lubin graduate admissions.
Committee's Key Accomplishments: Pass decisions on graduate admissions at Lubin.
Doctoral Education Committee [Committee Member]
Desc: We are responsible for doctoral education-related policies and procedures within the Lubin School.
Committee's Key Accomplishments: Advancing doctoral education within the Lubin School.
Undergraduate Relations Committee [Committee Member]
Desc: Work to develop policies and procedures related to education of undergraduates within the Lubin School of Business.
Committee's Key Accomplishments: We developed the first draft of the Lubin Professional Experience document.
Nominations Committee, New York Faculty Council
Desc: I was a member of the committe which was formed to nominate the slate of candidates for the leadership of the New York Faculty Council.
Committee's Key Accomplishments: We accepted the nominations for the individuals wishing to be considered for the leadership of the New York Faculty Council.